The iMac (21.5-inch, 2.9GHz Intel Core i5, Late 2012) got the next generation state of the art quad core processor – Intel Core-i5 Ivy Bridge. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an even slimmer all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 21.5-inch LED-backlit IPS screen with cover glass fully laminated to the LCD and anti-reflective coating. The body depth at its thinnest has 5 mm, though there’s a certain bulge in the center of the back panel. The computer is mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The iMac (21.5-inch, 2.9GHz Intel Core i5, Late 2012) features a quad core 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5 I5-3470S processor (Ivy Bridge), with four independent processor cores on a single chip, DMI system bus and an integrated graphics core, 8 GB of RAM, a 1TB GB (5400 RPM) hard drive or an optional 1TB Fusion drive, an SD memory slot card reader, Nvidia GeForce GT 650M graphics with 512 MB of shared memory, a built-in FaceTime HD webcam and stereo speakers, as well as a “Thunderbolt” port and 4 USB 3.0 ports. It also has built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 4.0. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 21.5-inch screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac (21.5-inch, 2.9GHz Intel Core i5, Late 2012) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and either with a “Magic Mouse” or a multi-touch Magic Trackpad.
iMac (21.5-inch, 2.9GHz Intel Core i5, Late 2012)
- Introduced on October 23, 2012.
- Codename: Intel Mac Slim Unibody.
- Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 3.2 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (I5-3470S) “Ivy Bridge”.
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1155 (Socket H2).
- Cores: 4.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board Ram: 8 GB, DDR3 1600 MHz (no upgrade intended by Apple).
- Max. Ram: 16 GB.
- Video: 21.5″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix LCD, 16:9 widescreen, 1920 x 1080 pixels max resolution, anti-reflective coating.
- Webcam: FaceTime HD camera 720p, 0.9 MP, 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Graphics: GeForce GT 650M graphics with 512 MB of shared memory.
- Storage: 1TB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives.
- SSD supported: 2.5”.
- Fusion drive support: Yes.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 3.0, 2 “Thunderbolt” ports, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, FaceTime HD webcam, SD card reader, Kensington Lock slot.
- Optical drive: None.
- Card reader: SDXC card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 4.0.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: X 10.8.2 (12C3104). OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: 17.7 x 20.8 x 6.9 inch.
- Weight: 12.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1418 (EMC 2544).
Apple Order number: MD094LL/A.
Discontinued: September 24, 2013.
- Fusion drive is the Apple brand name for hybrid drive. A hybrid drive is a combination of a good old hard drive and a solid state drive based on NAND flash memory.
- The solid state drives have recently proved to be much faster in performance and less pliable to surface damage. Thus, the system cold boot takes literally seconds from a solid state drive. So, it’s only logical to install the system files on a SSD while all the others – on a HDD.
- Apple developed Core Storage application to manage the Fusion Drive as the single logical volume with the space of both drives combined.
- Trade in your old iMac for fast cash at iGotOffer.com for the highest price online: Sell iMac for top price!