The iMac (27-inch, 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, Mid 2011) is originally the built-to-order iteration of the iMac (27-inch, 3.1GHz Intel Core i5, Mid 2011) with the brand new quad processor of the time – Intel Core-i7 Sandy Bridge. But the configuration proved to be so successful that later Apple started offering it as one of the standards builds. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 27-inch LED-backlit IPS screen, covered by an edge-to-edge front glass and mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The iMac (27-inch, 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, Mid 2011) features a quad core 3.4GHz Intel Core i7 I7-2600 processor (Sandy Bridge), with an innovating DMI system bus to connect the northbridge and the southbridge, and an integrated graphics core, 4 GB of RAM, a 1TB GB (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL “Super Drive”, an SD memory slot card reader, AMD Radeon HD 6970M graphics with 1GB of shared memory, a built-in FaceTime HD webcam and stereo speakers, as well as a Firewire “800”, 4 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in draft and enabled AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and a “Thunderbolt” port. “Thunderbolt” port is a proprietal Apple port supporting the peripherals and a second display, since it is backwards compatible with a Mini DisplayPort. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 27” screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac (27-inch, 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, Mid 2011) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and a new multi-touch “Magic Mouse” An aluminum remote control and a multi-touch Magic Trackpad are optional and available for an extra cost.
iMac (27-inch, 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, Mid 2011)
- Introduced on May 3, 2011.
- Codename: Intel Mac Unibody.
- Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i7 (I7-2600) “Sandy Bridge”.
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1155 (Socket H2).
- Cores: 4.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 4 GB, DDR3 1333 MHz (one 2GB module per slot, two slots free).
- Max. RAM: 32 GB.
- Video: 27″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix LCD, 16:9 widescreen, 1920 x 1080 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 178° horizontal and 178° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: FaceTime HD camera 720p, 0.9 MP, 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6970M graphics with 1GB of shared memory.
- Storage: 1TB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives.
- SSD supported: 2.5”.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 800, 1 “Thunderbolt” port, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, FaceTime HD webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Card reader: SDXC card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: X 10.6.6 (10J4026). OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: 20.4 x 25.6 x 8.15 inch.
- Weight: 30.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1312 (EMC 2429).
Apple Order Number: MD063LL/A.
Discontinued: October 23, 2012.
- The digits after i in Intel Core processors specks stand not for number of cores but for the generation of processors. i3 is the entry-level cheap processor, i5 – is the mid-class processor for most of users, i7 – is the top-class professional processor.
- As you may have noticed, Apple installs only mid-class and top-class processors in iMacs.
- Save money for your new iMac, sell your old one to iGotOffer for the best price online: iGotOffer.com, free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, best price online.