The iMac G4/800 has its hardware housed in a hemisphere about 10 inches high, while the 17” flat panel TFT monitor tops it on an adjustable steel arm. The iMac G4/800 features a 800 MHz PowerPC 7445 (G4) processor with the AltiVec “Velocity Engine” vector processing unit, 256 MB of RAM (PC133 SDRAM), a 80.0 GB Ultra ATA/66 hard drive (5400 RPM), a tray-loading “Super Drive”, and NVIDIA GeForce4 MX graphics with 32 MB of DDR SDRAM (AGP 2X support). The fanless cooling is replaced with an internal fan. The internal speakers are swapped for the external optional ones. The model was available with Apple Keyboard and Apple Mouse. The pre-installed OS are MacOS X 10.1 and MacOS 9.2.
- 1 iMac G4/800 17-Inch (Flat Panel, 2002)
- 2 Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
- 3 Miscellanea
- 4 Links
iMac G4/800 17-Inch (Flat Panel, 2002)
Introduced on: January 7, 2002.
- Processor Speed: 800 MHz.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Processor type: PowerPC “Apollo 6” G4 (7445).
- Cores: 1.
- On-Board Ram: 256 MB.
- Video: 17” TFT LCD, 1024 × 768 pixels resolution, viewing angle: 120° horizontal and 90° degrees vertical.
- Graphics: nVidia GeForce 2 MX with 32 MB of DDR SDRAM.
- Storage: 80 GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-66 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 3x USB 1.1, 2x Firewire 400, built-in microphone, audio out, Apple Pro Speakers mini-jack, Mini-VGA video out.
- Optical drive: 2x “Super Drive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Optional 11 Mbit/s AirPort 802.11b (adapter required), 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, 56k V.90 modem 4 Mbit/s.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: 10.1 “Tiger“, MacOS 9.2. OS max. upgrade: 10.5 “Leopard”.
- Dimensions: 13.03 x 16.7 x 10.6 inch maximum.
- Weight: 22.8 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Model No: M6498 (EMC 1936).
Apple Order number: M8812LL/A.
Discontinued: February 4, 2003.
- The iMac G4 next iteration got a faster Power PC processor nicknamed “Apollo 6”, twice as large hard drive and the maximum capacity of RAM. The processor cache was wider and to went a long way to enhance the iMac performance.
- The hemisphere has vent openings on the top just beneath the screen, while all the sockets are at the back of the same hemisphere. So, a user has to turn the whole computer around to plug in anything or feel for them with his\her fingers, which is not too comfortable.
Keep your iMac’s Software Pp-to-Date.
Use Software Update to get the latest updates and drivers.
- Click the icon in the Dock to open System Preferences.
- Click Software Update.
- Click the name of a software item to learn more about it. You can schedule your computer to check automatically for software updates.
- Click Update Now.
- Select the software you want to update and then click Install.
Not that to use Software Update, you must have an Internet connection.
Learn More about Using Computer
Look in Mac Help for more information on using your computer.
- To browse the features of your iMac, click Go under At a glance.
- Click Quick Clicks topics for answers to frequently asked questions.
- To look at Help for other applications, click the ? button.
- Click the Finder icon in the Dock.
- Then choose Mac Help from the Help menu.
- Type a question and click Ask.
- Click an item in the list of Help topics.
Accessories for your iMac
If the printer connected won’t respond or work correctly, do aw follows:
- Check all cables and connections.
- Make sure the printer is plugged into the computer and an electrical outlet. Make sure the printer is turned on. Then make sure your computer is set up to use your printer.
- Install the software that came with your printer. See the documentation that came with the printer for instructions.
- Open the Print Center application in the Utilities folder. Then select your printer.
Troubleshooting with CD or DVD
If you can’t eject a CD or DVD, or open the drive tray, proceed as follows:
- Make sure the disc is not in use.
- Quit all applications that are using files on the disc.
- Then press the Media Eject key at the top-right corner of the keyboard.
- If that doesn’t work, drag the disc’s icon to the Trash.
- If that doesn’t work, restart the computer, then hold down the mouse button. To restart, choose Restart from the Apple menu.
Third-Party Software Program
If you have a problem with a third-party software program:
- Make sure the software is compatible with your version of system software.
- See the documentation that came with the software. You can check the version of system software you have by choosing About This Mac from the Apple menu.
- To resolve other problems with software, contact the software manufacturer.
Troubleshooting with Apple Pro Mouse
If the Apple Pro Mouse isn’t responding properly: Make sure the mouse and keyboard are connected. Unplug and then plug in the connectors and make sure they are secure. If that doesn’t work, try using the mouse on another surface, like a mouse pad or a notebook. Non-reflective, opaque surfaces without repetitive patterns work best.
If the mouse clicks too easily or not easily enough, turn the ring on the bottom of the mouse to adjust the tension of the click.
Troubleshooting with Internet Connection
If you have a problem with your Internet connection on your iMac, proceed as follows:
- First at all, make sure the telephone line or Ethernet cable is properly connected to your computer.
- Then wait a while, and try connecting again. If that doesn’t work, make sure your Internet settings are configured correctly.
- Open the Internet Connect application in the Applications folder to check your dial-up or AirPort settings.
- Now open System Preferences and click Network to check your Internet settings.
- If you’re not sure of the correct information for your Internet settings, contact your Internet service provider.
- Sell this iMac to iGotOffer for the highest price online – we’ll buy your old iMac for the best price. Instant and free quote. Free shipping, fully insured. Fast payment: Sell used iMac.
- iMac G4/1.25 17-inch – Flat Panel has its hardware housed in a hemisphere about 10 inches high, while the 17” flat panel TFT monitor tops it on an adjustable steel arm.