The iMac G4/800 has its hardware housed in a hemisphere about 10 inches high, while the 17” flat panel TFT monitor tops it on an adjustable steel arm. The iMac G4/800 features a 800 MHz PowerPC 7445 (G4) processor with the AltiVec “Velocity Engine” vector processing unit, 256 MB of RAM (PC133 SDRAM), a 80.0 GB Ultra ATA/66 hard drive (5400 RPM), a tray-loading “Super Drive”, and NVIDIA GeForce4 MX graphics with 32 MB of DDR SDRAM (AGP 2X support). The fanless cooling is replaced with an internal fan. The internal speakers are swapped for the external optional ones. The model was available with Apple Keyboard and Apple Mouse. The pre-installed OS are MacOS X 10.1 and MacOS 9.2.
iMac G4/800 17-Inch (Flat Panel, 2002)
Introduced on: January 7, 2002.
- Processor Speed: 800 MHz.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Processor type: PowerPC “Apollo 6” G4 (7445).
- Cores: 1.
- On-Board Ram: 256 MB.
- Video: 17” TFT LCD, 1024 × 768 pixels resolution, viewing angle: 120° horizontal and 90° degrees vertical.
- Graphics: nVidia GeForce 2 MX with 32 MB of DDR SDRAM.
- Storage: 80 GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-66 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 3x USB 1.1, 2x Firewire 400, built-in microphone, audio out, Apple Pro Speakers mini-jack, Mini-VGA video out.
- Optical drive: 2x “Super Drive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Optional 11 Mbit/s AirPort 802.11b (adapter required), 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, 56k V.90 modem 4 Mbit/s.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: 10.1 “Tiger“, MacOS 9.2. OS max. upgrade: 10.5 “Leopard”.
- Dimensions: 13.03 x 16.7 x 10.6 inch maximum.
- Weight: 22.8 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Model No: M6498 (EMC 1936).
Apple Order number: M8812LL/A.
Discontinued: February 4, 2003.
- The iMac G4 next iteration got a faster Power PC processor nicknamed “Apollo 6”, twice as large hard drive and the maximum capacity of RAM. The processor cache was wider and to went a long way to enhance the iMac performance.
- The hemisphere has vent openings on the top just beneath the screen, while all the sockets are at the back of the same hemisphere. So, a user has to turn the whole computer around to plug in anything or feel for them with his\her fingers, which is not too comfortable.
- Sell this iMac to iGotOffer for the highest price online – we’ll buy your old iMac for the best price. Instant and free quote. Free shipping, fully insured. Fast payment: Sell used iMac.