Mac Mini Core i7 / 2.3 (Late 2012)
The Mac mini Core i7 / 2.3 (late 2012) is the Intel Mac mini in a cuboid aluminum casing with an internal power unit, a Thunderbolt port, a removable panel on the bottom to provide an access to upgradable RAM and no internal optical drive. The line-up of late 2012 got the faster and more elaborate Intel Ivy Bridge processor and up-to-date USB 3.0 ports. The Mac mini Core i7 / 2.3 (late 2012) features a top-class quad-core 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 (3615QM) processor, 4 GB of RAM (PC2-10600), a 1 TB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (5400 RPM) and Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics with 512 MB of integrated memory. The net top has an HDMI video out and a Thunderbolt port, four USB 3.0 ports and one Firewire 800 port, a built-in mono-speaker, an audio-out mini-jack and an audio line-in/digital audio input. As for the wireless, the Mac mini Core i7 / 2.3 (late 2012) has standard AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 4.0. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini Core i7 / 2.3 (late 2012) is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse.
Mac Mini Core i7 / 2.3 (Late 2012)
Introduced on: October 23, 2012.
- Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel Core i7 (I7-3615QM M “Ivy Bridge”).
- Cores: 4.
- On-Board RAM: DDR3 4GB, 1600 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR2 16 GB.
- Graphics: Radeon HD 6630M with 256 MB of integrated memory.
- Dual display support: Yes.
- Resolution Support: 2560 x 1600.
- Storage: 1 TB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-100 up to 750 GB (7200 RPM) Hard Drive Supported.
- SSD support: Yes.
- Input\Output: 4 x USB 3.0, Firewire 800, SD card reader, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, audio line-in/digital audio input, HDMI and Thunderbolt.
- Optical drive: optional external optical drive for an extra cost.
- SD-card reader: Yes.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, optional 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/ n, Bluetooth 4.0.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.8.1 (12B2080) “Mountain Lion”.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.11.x “El Capitan” (requires 2 GB).
- Dimensions: 1.4 x 7.7 x 7.7 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.7 lb.
Working with Mac Mini
To start up the Mac mini Core i7 / 2.3 (Late 2012) press the power button. Setup Assistant guides you through a few simple steps to get you up and running quickly. It walks the user through connecting to the Wi-Fi network and creating a user account for their Mac. Setup Assistant can even transfer your documents, email, photos, music, and movies to your new Mac from another Mac or PC.
You can sign in with your Apple ID in Setup Assistant. Signing in with Apple ID automatically sets up your account in the Mac App Store and the iTunes Store, and in apps like Messages and FaceTime, so they’re ready the first time you open them. It also sets up iCloud, so apps such as Mail, Contacts, Calendar, and Safari have all your latest information waiting for you. Note that if you don’t have an Apple ID, you can create one in Setup Assistant.
Getting to know the desktop: The desktop is where you can find everything and do anything on your Mac. The Dock at the bottom of the screen is a handy place to keep the apps you use most. It’s also where the user can open System Preferences, which lets the user customize their desktops and other settings on the Mac mini. Click the Finder icon to quickly get to all your files and folders.
The menu bar at the top has lots of useful information about the Mac mini. To check the status of your wireless Internet connection, click the Wi-Fi icon. Your Mac mini automatically connects to the network you chose during setup. You can also find anything on your Mac using Spotlight Search.
iCloud: The user can keep the devices working together with iCloud, which lets you access your music, photos, calendars, contacts, documents, and more from your any device – Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and even the PC. And it keeps everything up to date automatically. For example, if you buy a song on one device, it will be instantly available on all other devices. If the user creates a new Pages document on his or her Mac mini, he or she can make edits with their iPad on the go. Or you can take a photo with your iPhone, and it automatically appears in iPhoto on your Mac. iCloud can even help you locate and protect your Mac if you ever misplace it. To choose the iCloud features you want to enable, select System Preferences in the Dock and click iCloud.
Finding the apps: You can quickly find the app you want as the Mac mini comes with great apps you can use to make the most of your photos, create documents, browse the web, manage your schedule, and more. Launchpad is where you can easily find all the apps on your Mac. Click the Launchpad icon in the Dock to see a full-screen display of all your apps. Arrange apps any way you want, group them in folders, or delete them from your Mac. When you download an app from the Mac App Store, it automatically appears in Launchpad.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1347 (EMC 2570).
Apple Order number: MD388LL/A.
Discontinued: October 16, 2014.
- In this model throttling takes place when a processor is overheated, but the temperature alert value is not specified as it is in later Mac minis.
- Check on our prices for your old Mac mini. Sell it now to iGotOffer.com and save money for Apple Mac! – Mac mini for sale. Best way to save money for new gadgets.
Mac Mini 2012 i7 2.3GHZ 16GB RAM and SSD Upgrade. Video uploaded by Kevin Rice, on October 25, 2014. Upgraded from original 4GB RAM and slow 5400 RPM 1TB Hard Drive.
CommentsSo empty here ... leave a comment!