Apple Watch Series 3: Unboxing & Review [Video]
Video uploaded by DetroitBORG on September 30, 2017
Apple Watch Series 3 Edition (38mm)
The Apple Watch Series 3 Edition is housed in an elegant looking, durable ceramic body and sells more expensive than the standard Apple Watch Series 3. The Apple Watch Series 3 Edition features the 38mm OLED display with a 272×340 resolution. The display is covered with a protective sapphire crystal layer. The Edition model is available in two options only: either a white ceramic case with a “Soft White/Pebble” Sport Band or a gray ceramic case with a Gray/Black Sport Band.
The Apple Watch Series 3 Edition features a barometric altimeter, a heart rate monitor, the GPS and GLONASS positioning systems. But the highlight of the model is the LTE model that allows to use the Apple wearable without a tethered iPhone. The Apple Watch Series 3 Edition can send and take calls and texts, supports Siri and audio playback. Still the smart watch can be used on the same carrier as a user’s iPhone.
The LTE iteration of the Apple Watch Series 3 Edition are controlled by a Force Touch capable display and a “Digital Crown”. The latter features a red dot on it for easier identification.
Battery life is up to 18 hours in a stand by mode, up to 3 hours of talk time (if connected to an iPhone), over 1 hour (if connected to LTE without an iPhone), up to 10 hours of audio playback and indoors work-outs, up to 5 hours of outdoors work-outs with GPS turned on, and up to 4 hours of outdoors work-outs with GPS and LTE turned on.
- Introduced on: September 12, 2017.
- Codename: Apple Watch Series 3 Edition.
- Form Factor: Apple Watch Series 3.
- Body: Ceramic.
- Controller: Crown.
- Processor Speed: N/A.
- Processor type: Apple S3.
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics core: No.
- On-Board RAM:
- Video: 1.5″, LCD 272 × 340 pixel max resolution.
- Storage: 16 GB.
- Battery: inbuilt lithium-ion polymer, 60-watt-hour.
- Battery Life: 1-18 Hours.
- Wireless connection: 802.11 b/g/n, .4 GHz, LTE, Bluetooth 4.2.
- Compatible LTE Bands: LTE bands 2 (1900 MHz), 4 (AWS), 5 (850 MHz), 12 (700 MHz), 13 (700c MHz), 17 (700b MHz), 18 (800 MHz), 19 (800 MHz), 25 (1900 MHz), 26 (800 MHz), and 41 (TD 2500) as well as UMTS 800 MHz, 850 MHz, 1700 MHz, and 1900 MHz in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
- Preinstalled OS: watchOS 4.
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions 38 mm: 1.54 x 1.34 x 0.46.
- Weight: 1.41 ounces.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
- Apple Model No: A1860 (EMC 3170).
- Apple Order number: MQJY2LL/A – a white ceramic case and a “Soft White/Pebble” Sport Band; MQK02LL/A – a gray ceramic case and a Gray/Black Sport Band.
- Discontinued: N/A.
- Price: $1299 (38 mm).
The Apple Watch Series 3 Edition is the first wrist-on communication device. Apple didn’t roll out the interactive wristband it patented, but enhanced the capabilities of the gadget instead. The heat-monitor software was developed according to the recommendations of the leading medical researches and cant spot the arrhythmia.
- Apple Watch Series 3 Edition – Official Page from Apple.com
- Apple Watch Series 3 to get new features
- Apple and Apple Watch
- Apple Watch tips and tricks – essential moves
- Want to sell your Apple Watch Series 3 Edition? iGotOffer is the best place to sell Apple devices online.
- Everything About Apple’s Products – The complete guide to all Apple consumer electronic products, including technical specifications, identifiers and other valuable information.