Introduced in July 2011 and discontinued in summer of 2016, Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch) is to companion a Thunderbolt-featured Mac laptop only. It features a built-in Thunderbolt \ MagSafe octopus cable, a Gigabit Ethernet port and a FireWire “800” port in addition to three USB 2.0 ports, an integrated FaceTime HD web-camera, a mic, and 2.1 speakers system with a subwoofer. The Thunderbolt \ MagSafe cable can also charge the laptops, turning the display in a dock station. As to the image quality, Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch) is identical to its predecessor, the Apple Cinema Display LED (27-inch) and shares brightness, contrast, time response and pixels density parameters as well as the casing design.
Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-Inch)
Introduction Date: July 20, 2011.
- Code name: Thunderbolt Display.
- Frame material: Anodized Aluminum.
- Display Type: TFT LCD.
- Display Size: 27-inch.
- Format: “wide-screen”.
- Optimum Resolution (pixels): 2560×1440.
- Supported Resolutions (pixels): 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 720.
- DPI/PPI: 109.
- Dot/Pixel Pitch: N\A.
- Max. Display Colors: 16.7 Million.
- Viewing Angle: 178 degrees horizontal, 178 degrees vertical.
- Response Time: 12 ms.
- Brightness: 375 cd/m2.
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1.
- Ambient light sensor: Yes.
- Built-in Audio: 2.1.
- Built-in Camera: 750p FaceTime HD.
- USB 2.0: 3.
- Firewire: 1 (800).
- Thunderbolt: a built-in Thunderbolt octopus cable.
- DVI: No.
- ADC: No.
- Mini DisplayPort: Yes.
- MagSafe: Yes.
- Power: 250 W.
- Supported MacOS: 10.6.8.
- Dimensions: 19.35 x 25.7 x 8.15.
- Average Weight: 23.5 lbs.
Apple Models, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order No: MC914LL/A.
Apple Model No: A1407.
Discontinued: June 23, 2016.
Original Price: $ 999.
- MacBook Air owners can make up for the lacking Ethernet port by plugging their laptop to the display.
- The USB ports can charge an iPad, iPhone, or iPod, even without a computer attached. Yet, for synchronization between your portables and a computer you have to plug it in.
- The Apple Thunderbolt Display has a one-year limited warranty covering the backlight as well, but only 90 days of toll-free telephone support included.
- The Thunderbolt Display was introduced in July 2011. This 27-inch flat panel monitor is the only display currently marketed by Apple Inc.
- The Apple Thunderbolt Display replaced the Apple Cinema Display is a line of flat panel computer monitors developed and marketed by Apple Inc. (the first Cinema Display was released in September 1999, and was available in different sizes).
- Trade in old Apple Thunderbolt Display for top cash at iGotOffer.com. We buy your old displays for the best price online: Apple Thunderbolt Display for sale!
Apple Thunderbolt Display: Unboxing & Review. DetroitBORG, published on September 29, 2011. Thunderbolt, HD FaceTime Camera, FireWire 800 and an Ethernet port are added to Apple’s 27″ display making it the ultimate docking station for all Thunderbolt equipped Macs.