You can perfectly control the Music app on iPhone or iTunes on a computer, using Apple Watch. Apple Watch enables you to control playback in iTunes on a PC or Mac. This functionality is very useful when you connect your iPhone to your stereo system, either via a cable or via AirPlay. You can also use it when you are playing music on iPhone through earphones or headphones, and you don’t want to take the iPhone out of your pocket or purse to control the music.
How to Control Music On iPhone Using Apple Watch
- Lift your wrist to wake Apple Watch, and the watch face will appear.
- Click the Digital Crown the Home screen will appear.
- Tap Music, and the Music app will open. If the Music app displays a screen other than the Music screen, tap the button in the upper-left corner one or more times to display the music screen.
- Force-touch the screen, and the Options screen will appear.
- Tap Source to open the Source screen.
- Tap iPhone, and the Music screen appears again.
- Tap the view you’d like to use: Artists, Albums, Songs, Playlists.
- When the screen appears, tap the artist, the album, the song or the playlist you want to hear. If you tap the album, for example, the songs in the album will appear.
- You can turn the Digital Crown to scroll up or down the list. Note that the Music app shows only the songs in the album that are on your iPhone. The list you’ll see on Apple Watch may not thus be complete.
- Tap the song you want to play first, and the song starts playing. (You can tap Previous to go back to the beginning of the current song or tap Previous again to go back to the beginning of the previous song.
- Tap Pause to pause playback.
- Tap Play to restart playback.
- Tap Next to skip the next song.
- To change the volume tap Quieter or Louder. You can also turn the Digital Crown.
- When the music is playing, click the Digital Crown.
- When the watch face appears, swipe up, and the Glances screen will appear.
- Swipe left or right until the Now Playing Glance appears. By using the Now Playing Glance you can control playback.
- Switching to a new device? Trade in your old Apple Watch for fast cash at iGotOffer. We pay the best price online for the secondhand Apple Watches. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment: Sell your Apple Watch now.