The iMac (27-inch, 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, Late 2012) is the built-to-order iteration of iMac (27-inch, 3.2GHz Intel Core i5, Late 2013) with the top class quad core processor – Intel Core-i7 Ivy Bridge. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an even slimmer all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 27-inch LED-backlit IPS screen with cover glass fully laminated to the LCD and anti-reflective coating. The body depth at its thinnest has 5 mm, though there’s a certain bulge in the center of the back panel. The computer is mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The iMac (27-inch, 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, Late 2012) features a quad core 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 I7 – 3770 processor (Ivy Bridge), with four independent processor cores on a single chip, DMI system bus and an integrated graphics core, 8 GB of RAM, a 1TB GB (7200 RPM) hard drive, an SD memory slot card reader, Nvidia GeForce GT 675MX graphics with 1GB of shared memory, a built-in FaceTime HD webcam and stereo speakers, as well as a “Thunderbolt” port and 4 USB 3.0 ports. It also has built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 4.0. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 27-inch screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac (27-inch, 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, Late 2012) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and either with a “Magic Mouse” or a multi-touch Magic Trackpad.
iMac (27-inch, 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, Late 2012)
Introduced on October 23, 2012
- Codename: Intel Mac Slim Unibody.
- Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 3.9 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i7 (I7- 3770) “Ivy Bridge”.
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1155 (Socket H2).
- Cores: 4.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board Ram: 8 GB, DDR3 1600 MHz (no upgrade intended by Apple).
- Max. Ram: 32 GB.
- Video: 27″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix LCD, 16:9 widescreen, 1920×1080 pixels max resolution, anti-reflective coating.
- Webcam: FaceTime HD camera 720p, 0.9 MP, 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Graphics: GeForce 675MX graphics with 1 GB of shared memory.
- Storage: 1TB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives.
- SSD supported: 2.5”.
- Fusion drive support: Yes.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 3.0, 2 “Thunderbolt” ports, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, FaceTime HD webcam, SD card reader, Kensington Lock slot.
- Optical drive: None.
- Card reader: SDXC card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 4.0.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: X 10.8.2 (12C3104). OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: 20.3 x 25.6 x 8 inch.
- Weight: 21 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1419 (EMC 2546).
Apple Order Number: BTO/CTO.
Discontinued: September 24, 2013.
- Keep in mind, the processor in this model lacks the S-letter in the spec. This means no compromising between energy consuming and performance. The processor consumes a lot but also works faster. It can be overclocked. See details in Our Guide Book in Intel.
- How to Sell Old iMac for Top Price Online: We at iGotOffer buy used iMacs for top dollar cash!
Unboxing New iMac 27inch (Late 2012 Fusion Drive 3.4 Quad Core i7). Video uploaded by Notleb, on February 8, 2013.