iMac (21.5-inch, 2.7GHz Intel Core i5, Late 2013) introduced in September, 2013, got the faster state of the art quad core processor – Intel Core-i5 Ivy Bridge with Haswell / Crystalwell microarchitecture. The design is similar to the iMacs of 2012. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an ultra-thin (5 mm depth at the edges) all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 21.5-inch LED-backlit IPS screen with cover glass fully laminated to the LCD and anti-reflective coating. There’s a bulge though in the center of the back panel to house all the hardware. The computer is mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The iMac Core i5-inch 2.7 21.5-inch (late 2013) features a quad core 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 I5- 4570R processor (Haswell / Crystalwell), with four independent processor cores on a single chip, DMI system bus and an integrated graphics core, 8 GB of RAM, a 1TB GB (5400 RPM) hard drive, an SD memory slot card reader, an integrated Intel Iris Pro 5200 graphics processor with 128 MB of “Crystalwell” embedded DRAM and 1.5 GB of shared system memory, a built-in FaceTime HD webcam and stereo speakers, as well as two “Thunderbolt” ports and 4 USB 3.0 ports. It also has built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 4.0. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 21.5-inch screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac Core i5 2.7 21.5-inch (late 2013) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and either with a “Magic Mouse” or a traditional wired Apple Mouse or a multi-touch Magic Trackpad.
iMac (21.5-inch, 2.7GHz Intel Core i5, Late 2013)
Introduced on: September 24, 2013.
- Codename: Intel Mac Slim Unibody.
- Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 3.2 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (I5- 4570R) “Haswell / Crystalwell”.
- Processor upgrade: Soldered.
- Cores: 4.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board Ram: 8 GB, DDR3 1600 MHz (no upgrade intended by Apple).
- Max. Ram: 16 GB.
- Video: 21.5″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix LCD, 16:9 widescreen, 1920×1080 pixels max resolution, antireflective coating.
- Webcam: FaceTime HD camera 720p, 0.9 MP, 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Graphics: integrated Intel Iris Pro 5200 with 1.5 GB of shared memory.
- Storage: 1TB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives.
- SSD supported: 2.5”.
- Fusion drive support: Yes.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 3.0, 2 “Thunderbolt” ports, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, FaceTime HD webcam, SD card reader, Kensington Lock slot.
- Optical drive: None.
- Card reader: SDXC card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.0
- OS: Preinstalled OS: X 10.8.4 (12E4022). OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: 17.7 x 20.8 x 6.9 inch.
- Weight: 12.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: ME086LL/A.
Apple Order number: A1418 (EMC 2638).
Discontinued: October 13, 2015.
- Haswell core has an integrated graphic Crystalwell processor to rival the mid-class discrete video cards and meant for mobiles, ultrabooks and desktops.
- Intel Iris PRO HD graphics is an ideal choice for its lower power consuming and heat escape.
- Recycle the used iMac by selling it online for the best price: iGotOffer, the highest price online, instant free quote, free fully insured shipping, fast payment.
iMac Core i5 / 2.7 21.5-inch. Unboxed: iMac 21.5-inch (Late 2013 revision, Core i5, 2.9GHz) + First Boot-Up. Video uploaded by Alexlovesmac on August 29, 2014. (Correction: When the author described the ports on the back of the iMac, he made a mistake. After the 4 USB ports are a couple of Thunderbolt ports, not Lightning ports).