The iMac iMac (21.5-inch Retina 4K, 3.1GHz Intel Core i5, Late 2015) introduced in October 13, 2015, is almost identical to the iMac (21.5-inch, 2.8GHz Intel Core i5, Late 2015). It has a quad processor of enhanced microarchitecture plus Retina 4k display, but neither Fusion Drive, nor an SSD storage. The design is similar to the iMacs of 2012. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an ultra-thin (5 mm depth at the edges) all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 21.5-inch LED-backlit IPS screen with cover glass fully laminated to the LCD and anti-reflective coating. There’s a bulge though in the center of the back panel to house all the hardware. The computer is mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge.
iMac (21.5-inch Retina 4K, 3.1GHz Intel Core i5, Late 2015)
The iMac (21.5-inch Retina 4K, 3.1GHz Intel Core i5, Late 2015) features a dual core 3.1GHz Intel Core i5 I5-5675R processor (Broadwell), with four independent processor cores on a single chip, DMI system bus and an integrated graphics core, 8 GB of RAM, a 1TB hard drive (5400 RPM), an SD memory slot card reader, an integrated Intel Iris Pro 6200 Graphics 6000 graphics with 1.7 GB of shared memory, a built-in FaceTime HD webcam and stereo speakers, as well as two “Thunderbolt-2” ports and 4 USB 3.0 ports. It also has built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 4.0. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 21.5-inch screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac (21.5-inch Retina 4K, 3.1GHz Intel Core i5, Late 2015) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and either with a “Magic Mouse” or a traditional wired Apple Mouse or a multi-touch Magic Trackpad.
Introduced on: October 13, 2015.
- Codename: iMac with Retina Display.
- Processor Speed: 3.1GHz.
- Boost Speed: 3.6 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (I5-5675R) “Broadwell”.
- Processor upgrade: Soldered.
- Cores: 4.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board Ram: 8 GB, DDR3 1600 MHz, upgrade at time of order only.
- Max. Ram: 16 GB.
- Video: 21.5″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:9 widescreen, 1920×1080 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: FaceTime HD camera 720p, 0.9 MP, 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 6200 graphics with 1.7 GB of shared memory.
- Storage: 1TB hard drive (5400 RPM).
- Fusion Drive: optional, built-to-order.
- SSD supported: “blade” type.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 3.0, 2 “Thunderbolt-2” ports, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, FaceTime HD webcam, SD card reader, Kensington Lock slot.
- Optical drive: None.
- Card reader: SDXC card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.0.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: 10.11 (15A2301). OS max. upgrade: 10.12 “Sierra”.
- Dimensions: 17.7 x 20.8 x 6.9 inch.
- Weight: 12.5 lb.
|Model Number||A1418 (EMC 2833)|
|Family||21.5-inch Retina 4K, Late 2015|
|Dimensions||17.7 x 20.8 x 6.9 in|
|Processor||3.1Ghz Intel Core i5|
|Display Size||21.5 inches|
|See also||Sell your iMac (21.5-inch Retina 4K, 3.1Ghz Intel Core i5, Late 2015) online now|
- Price: $1499.
- Discontinued: June 5, 2017.
- Apple registered “Retina” as a trademark in regard of computers and portable devices in 2012. Retina displays are produced by third-party companies: LG, Japan Display Inc. and Samsung.
- iMac Manuals – Apple Support
- How to Identify Your iMac – iGotOffer
- Sell previous generation iMac for the best price: Trade In your iMac to iGotOffer for top dollar! Free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment.
- News and Reviews About Electronic Gadgets and Apps – iGotOffer Blog
Apple iMac 21.5-inch with Retina 4K display: Unboxing & Review [Video]
Video uploaded by DetroitBORG on October 16, 2015.