The iMac (27-inch, 3.6GHz Intel Core i5, Mid 2010) is a configured-to-order iteration of the iMac (27-inch, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3, Mid 2010). This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 27” LED-backlit IPS screen, covered by an edge-to-edge front glass and mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The iMac (27-inch, 3.6GHz Intel Core i5, Mid 2010) features a quad core 2.8GHz Intel Core i5 I5-680 processor (Clarkdale), with an innovating DMI system bus to connect the northbridge and the southbridge, 4 GB of RAM, a 1TB GB or 1TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL “Super Drive”, an SD memory slot card reader, ATI Radeon HD 5670 graphics with 512MB of shared memory, a built-in iSight webcam and stereo speakers, as well as a Firewire “800” and 4 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in draft and enabled AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and Mini DisplayPort capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 27” screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac (27-inch, 3.6GHz Intel Core i5, Mid 2010) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and a new multi-touch “Magic Mouse” An aluminum remote control and a multi-touch Magic Trackpad are optional and available for an extra cost.
iMac (27-inch, 3.6GHz Intel Core i5, Mid 2010)
- Introduced on July 27, 2010.
- Codename: Intel Mac Unibody.
- Processor Speed: 2.8GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (I5-680) “Clarkdale”.
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1156 (Socket H).
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board Ram: 4 GB, DDR3 1333 MHz (one 2GB module per slot, two slots free).
- Max. Ram: 16 GB.
- Video: 27″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix LCD, 16:9 widescreen, 2560 x 1440 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 178° horizontal and 178° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5670 graphics with 512MB of shared memory.
- Storage: 1 TB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 800, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Card reader: SD card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.6.3 (10D2322a).
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: 20.4 x 25.6 x 8.15 inch.
- Weight: 30.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1312 (EMC 2390).
Apple Order number: BTO/CTO.
Discontinued: May 3, 2011.
- iMacs hard drives are manufactured by Western Digital. When swapping your iMac hard drive for a newer one or for a SSD, be sure to check that the LCD temperature sensor is plugged back correctly, or you’ll have troubles with cooling fans control.
- You ask yourself, where to sell my old iMac for the best price?: We at iGotOffer buy used iMacs and other consumer electronics for the highest price online: Sell used iMac for top cash.