The Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.4 is the Intel Mac mini in a cuboid aluminum casing with an internal power unit, a slot-loaded optical disk drive and a black plastic removable panel on the bottom to provide an access to upgradable RAM. The fifth USB port has been ditched for an SD (SDXC) card slot. This design is in line with Macbooks and aluminum Mac minis also have a moniker unibody. The Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.4 (mid-2010) features a 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (P8600) processor, 2 GB of RAM (PC2-5300), a 320 GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (5400 RPM), an 8X double-layer “SuperDrive” and GeForce 320M graphics with 256 MB of integrated memory. The net top has a mini-HDMI and Mini DisplayPort video out, four USB 2.0 ports and one Firewire 800 port, a built-in mono-speaker, an audio-out mini-jack and an audio line-in/digital audio input. As for the wireless, the Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.4has standard to AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.4 is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse.
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo / 2.4 (Mid-2010)
Introduced on: June 15, 2010.
- Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel Core 2 Duo (P8600 “Penryn”).
- Cores: Two. The Intel Core 2 Duo (P8600) processor includes two independent processor cores on a single silicon chip.
- On-Board RAM: DDR2 2 GB, 667 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR2 16 GB.
- Graphics: GeForce 320M with 256 MB of integrated memory.
- Dual display support: Yes.
- Resolution Support: 1920 x 1200.
- Storage: 320 GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-100 up to 500 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 4 x USB 2.0, Firewire 800, SD card reader, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, audio line-in/digital audio input, Mini-HDMI and Mini DisplayPort video out.
- Audio: Audio line in minijack (digital/analog). Audio line out/headphone minijack (digital/analog). HDMI port supports multichannel audio output. Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
- Optical drive: 8X double-layer “SuperDrive”.
- SD-card reader: Yes.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, optional 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/ n, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.6.4 (10F2025)”Snow Leopard”.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.11.x “El Capitan” (requires 2 GB).
- Dimensions: 2.0 x 6.5 x 6.5 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.9 lb. (Note that actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process).
- Environmental Status Report: Mac mini is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact. The computer is BFR-free, PVC-free (internal cables only), It’s aluminium enclosure is highly recyclable. The device meets ENERGY STAR 5.0 requirements and is rated EPEAT Gold (Mac mini achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the U.S., Canada, France, Germany, and the United Kingdom).
- Electrical requirements: Line voltage: 100-240V AC. Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase. Maximum continuous power: 85W.
- Environmental requirements: Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F. Storage temperature: -40° to 116° F. Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing. Maximum altitude: 10,000 feet. Typical acoustical performance. Sound pressure level (operator position): 14 dBA at idle7.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1347 (EMC 2364).
Apple Order number: MC270LL/A.
Discontinued: July 20, 2011.
Price: Original price – $699.
- Aluminum casings are fabricated by Catcher Technology and assembled and finished by Foxconn and Quanta assemblers.
- Note that unlike earlier Mac mini models, which use a polycarbonate case, the Mac Mini Core 2 Duo / 2.4 Mid-2010 line uses a Unibody case, which is milled from a single block of aluminum. It has a spin of black plastic base on the underside that makes it easy to upgrade the RAM. The power supply is integrated as well.
- Apple ships Mac mini systems without a display, keyboard, or mouse. However numerous Apple and third-party options are available on the market.
- Mac mini Core 2 Duo has a 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), with maximum read: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-ROM, DVD-ROM (double layer DVD-9), DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, and DVD+RW; 24x CD; and with maximum write: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R; 6x DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW; 8x DVD+RW; 24x CD-R; 24x CD-RW.
- Mac Software included with the model: iWork, Aperture, Logic Express, Final Cut Express.
- Software included with this model: Mac OS X Snow Leopard, iTunes, Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools, and more.
- Other accessories: Displays and Graphics – Apple LED Cinema Display, Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter, Apple Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter, Apple Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter. AirPort & Wireless – AirPort Express Base Station, AirPort Extreme Base Station, Time Capsule, Apple Wireless Keyboard, Apple Magic Mouse, Apple Remote, AppleCare Protection Plan.
- Note also that the Apple Mac Mini was the first consumer level Macintosh desktop to ship without a display, keyboard, or mouse since Apple’s success following the release of the iMac, with Apple marketing it as BYODKM (short for Bring Your Own Display, Keyboard, and Mouse). As the company explained, the primary intended market for the Mac Mini were users switching from a traditional Windows PC to a Mac. Apple considered that these users might already own a compatible display, keyboard and mouse. Obviously these vital accessories could be easily purchased if needed. In October 2009, Apple introduced a special Server version of the computer. That version included the Server edition of the OS X operating system. The Server model was discontinued as of the late 2014 Mac Mini revision. The updated unibody Mac Mini is Apple’s first computer to include an HDMI video port to connect to a television or other display, more readily positioning the unit as a home theater device alternative to the Apple TV.
- You can always sell Mac mini to iGotOffer. We offer the best price online. Free instant shipping, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment: Mac mini for sale.
Apple Mac Mini 2.0GHz Core2Duo Unboxing. Uploaded by nerdishcouk on August 17, 2009.