The iMac Core i5 2.8 with 27-inch screen introduced in mid-2010 is the all-in-one desktop computer in an all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 27” LED-backlit IPS screen, covered by an edge-to-edge front glass and mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The Core i5 2.8 27-inch (mid-2010) features a quad core 2.8GHz Intel Core i5 I5-760 processor (Lynnfield), with an innovating DMI system bus to connect the northbridge and the southbridge, 4 GB of RAM, a 1TB GB or 1TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL Super Drive, an SD memory slot card reader, ATI Radeon HD 5750 graphics with 1GB of shared memory, a built-in iSight webcam and stereo speakers, as well as a Firewire “800” and 4 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in draft and enabled AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and Mini DisplayPort capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 27” screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac Core i5 2.8 27-inch (mid-2010) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and a new multi-touch “Magic Mouse” An aluminum remote control and a multi-touch Magic Trackpad are optional and available for an extra cost.
iMac Core i5 2.8 27-Inch (Mid-2010)
Introduced on: July 27, 2010.
- Codename: Intel Mac Unibody.
- Processor Speed: 2.8GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (I5-760) ” Lynnfield “.
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1156 (Socket H).
- Cores: 4.
- On-Board Ram: 4 GB, DDR3 1333 MHz (one 2GB module per slot, two slots free).
- Max. Ram: 16 GB.
- Video: 27″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix LCD, 16:9 widescreen, 2560 x 1440 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 178° horizontal and 178° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5750 graphics with 1GB of shared memory.
- Storage: 1 TB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 800, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Card reader: SD card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.6.3 (10D2322a).
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: 20.4 x 25.6 x 8.15 inch.
- Weight: 30.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1312 (EMC 2390).
Apple Order number: MC511LL/A.
Discontinued: May 3, 2011.
- Though the VRAM had been enhanced up to 1GB, it’s not such a good thing, because the memory is shared. So, the video card ‘borrows’ memory from the system RAM and that hinders the overall performance. Thus, a user actually has not 4GB but 3GB of RAM.
- To save money for your new iMac: Sell used iMac to iGotOffer for the best price online: iMac for sale.