The iMac Core i7 / 3.5 with 27-inch screen is a built-to-order iteration of the iMac Core i5 3.4 with 27-inch screen with the top-class processor – Intel Core-i7 of the Ivy Bridge\Haswell family. The build proved to be so successful that Apple started selling it as a standard configuration. The design is similar to the iMacs of 2012. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an ultra-thin (5 mm depth at the edges) all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 27” LED-backlit IPS screen with cover glass fully laminated to the LCD and anti-reflective coating. There’s a bulge though in the center of the back panel to house all the hardware. The computer is mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The iMac Core i7 3.5 27-inch (late 2013) features a quad core 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 I5- 4771 processor (Haswell), with four independent processor cores on a single chip, DMI system bus and an integrated graphics core, 8 GB of RAM, a 1TB GB (7200 RPM) hard drive (3 TB “Fusion” Drive for the standard configuration), an SD memory slot card reader, a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M graphics with 2 GB of shared memory, a built-in FaceTime HD webcam and stereo speakers, as well as two “Thunderbolt” ports and 4 USB 3.0 ports. It also has built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 4.0. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 27-inch screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac Core i7 3.4 27-inch (late 2013) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and either with a “Magic Mouse” or a traditional wired Apple Mouse or a multi-touch Magic Trackpad.
iMac Core i7 / 3.5 27-Inch (Late 2013/Haswell) BTO/CTO
Introduced on: September 24, 2013.
- Codename: Intel Mac Slim Unibody.
- Processor Speed: 3.5 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 3.9 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (I5- 4771) “Haswell”.
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1150 (Socket H3).
- Cores: 4.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board Ram: 8 GB, DDR3 1600 MHz (no upgrade intended by Apple).
- Max. Ram: 32 GB.
- Video: 27″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix LCD, 16:9 widescreen, 1920×1080 pixels max resolution, anti-reflective coating.
- Webcam: FaceTime HD camera 720p, 0.9 MP, 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M graphics with 2 GB of shared memory.
- Storage: 1TB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives; 3 TB “Fusion” Drive.
- SSD supported: 2.5”.
- Fusion drive support: Yes.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 3.0, 2 “Thunderbolt” ports, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, FaceTime HD webcam, SD card reader, Kensington Lock slot.
- Optical drive: None.
- Card reader: SDXC card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.0
- OS: Preinstalled OS: X 10.8.4 (12E4022). OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: 20.3 x 25.6 x 8 inch.
- Weight: 21 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1419 (EMC 2639).
Apple Order number: MF125LL/A.
Discontinued: October 13, 2015.
- Though officially the processor upgrade wasn’t intended by Apple, in this model the processor, however, is not soldered but installed in a socket. So, the upgrade is possible. Contact Apple support for the list of compatible processors.
- You can always sell your used and old iMac to iGotOffer for the highest price online.