The iMac G3/700 SE is the top model to wrap up the whole G3 line. It got the fastest processor of the 7xx family – 700 Hz – and the largest hard drive – 60 GB, the largest RAM from the box – 256 MB and the most popular colors: Graphite and Snow. The iMac G3/600 features a 700 MHz PowerPC 750cx (G3) processor with a 256k on-chip level 2 cache, 256 MB of RAM, a 60.0 GB Ultra ATA hard drive, a slot loading 8X/4X/24X CD-RW drive, ATI Rage 128 Ultra (AGP 2X) graphics with 16 MB of VRAM and Firewire “400” ports as well as the in-built speakers, a 15-inch CRT display and AirPort support. The iMac G3/500 is available in two crisp colors: Graphite and Snow.
iMac G3/700 SE (Flat Panel)
Introduced on: January 7, 2002.
- Processor Speed: 700 MHz.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Processor type: PowerPC «Voyager» G4 (7450).
- Cores: 1.
- On-Board Ram: 125 MB or 256 MB.
- Video: 15″ TFT LCD, 1024 × 768 pixels resolution.
- Graphics: nVidia GeForce 2 MX with 32 MB of DDR SDRAM.
- Storage: 40 GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-66 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 3x USB 1.1, 2x Firewire 400, built-in microphone, audio out, Apple Pro Speakers mini-jack, Mini-VGA video out.
- Optical drive: 8x DVD and 32x CD read Combo drive or 32x CD-R and 10x CD-RW write CD-RW Drive.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Optional 11 Mbit/s AirPort 802.11b (adapter required), 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, 56k V.90 modem 4 Mbit/s.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: 10.4 “Tiger“, MacOS 9.22. OS max. upgrade: 10.5 “Leopard”.
- Dimensions: 12.95 x 15.1 x 10.6 inch maximum.
- Weight: 21.3 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Model No: M6498 (EMC 1873).
Apple Order number: M8672LL/A (M8672LL/B since July 17, 2002)– a CD-RW drive and 128 MB of RAM model, M7677LL/A (M7677LL/B since July 17, 2002) – a “Combo” drive and 256 MB of RAM model.
Discontinued: January 7, 2002.
Price: $1299, $1499.
The critical drawback of iMacs is the fact that Apple doesn’t consider hard drive and optical drive to be user replaceable parts. The only DIY upgrade available is that of RAM. This leaves the user to the wits and mercies of iMacs enthusiasts who love tinkering. The external hard drives are also the option. And while USB 1.1 is obsolete for the purpose, the FireWire port can provide the required speed of data exchange.
- Get instant free quote and sell your old iMac for the best price online: Sell My iMac Fast for Top Dollar: Sell iMac.