iMac G3 Slot-Loading DV 400 Hz in Indigo and Ruby
The iMac G3 slot-loading DV 400 Hz also got a new “outfit” in summer 2000: Indigo and Ruby. It dropped a DVD-ROM for a CD-ROM, thus reducing the price, but got a better video processor and a new set of Apple keyboard and Pro Mouse. With emphasis on home video editing, the iMac G3 slot-loading has got a 400 Hz processor, a VGA-port, a larger 10 GB hard drive, and two FireWire 400 ports. The in iMac G3 DV supports an optional AirPort but in all the other aspects its hardware is identical to the Revision A. For example, it shares system bus and hard drive ATA standard. This iMac also sports the fanless cooling system that makes its operation almost silent.
iMac G3 Slot-Loading DV 400 Hz in Indigo and Ruby (Summer 2000)
Introduced on: July 19, 2000.
- Processor Speed: 400 MHz.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Processor type: PowerPC 750 “G3”.
- Cores: 1.
- On-Board Ram: 64 MB or 128 MB (Expandable to 1 GB (512 MB supported by Apple).
- Video: 15-inch (13.8-inch viewable) shadow-mask CRT screen with 1024 x 768 pixel resolution.
- Graphics: ATI Rage 128 Pro with 8 MB of SDRAM.
- Storage: 10 GB, 5400-rpm ATA-3 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 2x USB 1.1, 2x FireWire 400 2x Headphone mini-jacks, Analog audio input mini-jack, Built-in stereo speakers.
- Optical drive: 24X CD-ROM.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Optional 11 Mbit/s AirPort 802.11b (adapter required), 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, 56k modem 4 Mbit/s, IrDA.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: 9.0.4. OS max. upgrade: 10.4.11.
- Dimensions: 15.0 x 15.0 x 17.1 inch Weight: 34.7 lb.
- Colors: Ruby, Indigo.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Model No: M5521 (EMC 1821).
Apple Order number: M7639LL/A – Indigo, M7706LL/A – Ruby.
Discontinued: February 22, 2001.
- The iMac released in summer, 2000, Apple titled “Summer Series”.
- To reinstall OS On Your iMac: If for some reason you need to reinstall OS X so your iMac will actually be able to work, go to OS X Utilities window, select Reinstall OS X and click Continue. Then follow the instructions on the screen. It’s easy but it takes some time, so be patient.
- Before you sell your old iMac, you may want to reformat your hard drive. To do this, turn on or restart your iMac while holding down the command and R keys. Hold both the keys down until you see the Apple logo. A window will appear next that says “OS X Utilities.” Then click on the Disk Utility icon and then click Continue. Select your startup disk from the sidebar on the left then click the Erase tab. Make sure “Mac OS Extended” is selected in the Format popup menu. Give your startup drive a name if you want. Click the Erase button. After it’s done, click the Disk Utility menu and select Quit. Your old iMac now has a completely blank hard drive.
- Anyway, if you decide to sell old iMac G3 slot-loading in New York City, Los Angeles, or anywhere else in the United States we at iGotOffer.com can reformat the hard drive for you. Your data is safe with us.
- Recycle your old iMac by selling it to iGotOffer for the highest price online: Sell My iMac for Top Dollar.
iMac G3 Slot Loading-Boot Time OS X Tiger. Video uploaded by aaroncar, on February 6, 2010. An iMac G3 Slot Loader Indigo (Year 2000 Model) booting Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.11) and timing it.
My iMac is horrible! It constantly locks up and crashes. A few times an hour my Macbook will lock up with the spinning wheel of death for hours. A few times a day I will get a kernel panic. It keeps failing, and once it even wiped the hard disk! I reinstalled MacOS and it is still horrible. Not a nice choice, I have to admit.