The iMac Slot-Loading G3 DV 400 Hz released in February 2001 was just a reincarnation of iMac G3 DV 400 Hz 2000 in Indigo and Ruby. It has got a 400 Hz processor, a VGA-port, a larger 10 GB hard drive, and two FireWire 400 ports. A DVD-ROM was replaced by a CD-ROM and the price was $100 lower than that of the previous model. The preinstalled OS is also younger. It is available only in one color – Indigo. This iMac also sports the fanless cooling system that makes its operation almost silent. It got the same model number but different Apple Order identificator.
iMac G3 Slot-Loading DV 400 Hz (Indigo Early 2001)
Introduced on: July 19, 2000.
- Processor Speed: 400 MHz.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Processor type: PowerPC 750 “G3”.
- Cores: 1.
- On-Board Ram: 64 MB or 128 MB (Expandable to 1 GB (512 MB supported by Apple).
- Video: 15-inch (13.8-inch viewable) shadow-mask CRT screen with 1024 x 768 pixel resolution.
- Graphics: ATI Rage 128 Pro with 8 MB of VRAM.
- Storage: 10 GB, 5400-rpm ATA-3 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 2x USB 1.1, 2x FireWire 400 2x Headphone mini-jacks, Analog audio input mini-jack, Built-in stereo speakers.
- Optical drive: 24X CD-ROM.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Optional 11 Mbit/s AirPort 802.11b (adapter required), 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, 56k modem 4 Mbit/s, IrDA.
- Preinstalled OS: 9.1. OS max. upgrade: 10.4.11.
- Dimensions: 15.0 x 15.0 x 17.1 inch.
- Weight: 34.7 lb.
- Colors: Ruby, Indigo.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Model No: M5521 (EMC 1821).
Apple Order Number: M7683LL/A.
Discontinued: July 18, 2001.
- This iMac G3 DV 400 Hz Indigo model was discontinued later this very year. It was positioned as the entry-level iMac but dropped behind the demands of the ever-growing computing industry.
- Trade in your used iMac for the best price online: We Buy Even Broken Devices!