The iMac 4G/1.0 15-inch “FP” has its hardware housed in a hemisphere about 10 inches high, while the 15” flat panel TFT monitor tops it on an adjustable steel arm. The iMac 4G “FP” with 15th monitor shares the processor and the hard disk drive capacity with the previous revisions. Yet, the video SDRAM was reduced. The 32x “Combo” drive makes up for that disadvantage, especially when compared with the previous model 4x drive. As to the ports and wireless connectivity, the iMac 4G/1.0 15-Inch “FP” got a USB 2.0 and the internal Bluetooth support but the latter is optional. The iMac 4G/1.0 features a 1.0 GHz PowerPC 7445 (G4) processor with the AltiVec “Velocity Engine” vector processing unit, 256 MB of RAM (PC133 SDRAM), an 80.0 GB Ultra ATA/66 hard drive (7200 RPM), a tray-loading 32X “Combo” drive, and NVIDIA GeForce4 MX graphics with 32 MB of DDR SDRAM (AGP 4X support). The fanless cooling is replaced with an internal fan. The internal speakers are swapped for the external optional ones. The model was available with Apple Keyboard and Apple Mouse. The pre-installed OS is MacOS X 10.2 Jaguar.
iMac 4G/1.0 15-Inch “FP” (USB 2.0)
Introduced on: September 8, 2003.
- Processor Speed: 1.0 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Processor type: PowerPC “Apollo 6” G4 (7445).
- Cores: 1.
- On-Board Ram: 256 MB.
- Video: 15″ TFT LCD, 1024 × 768 pixels resolution, viewing angle: 120° horizontal and 90° degrees vertical
- Graphics: nVidia GeForce 2 MX with 32 MB of DDR SDRAM
- Storage: 80 GB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 3x USB 2.0, 2x Firewire 400, built-in microphone, audio out, Apple Pro Speakers mini-jack, Mini-VGA video out.
- Optical drive: 32X “Combo” drive.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Optional 54 Mbit/s AirPort Extreme 802.11b/g, 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX Ethernet, 56k V.92 modem, Optional Bluetooth 1.1.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: 10.2 “Jaguar”. OS max. upgrade: 10.5 “Leopard”
- Dimensions: 12.95 x 15.1 x 10.6 inch maximum.
- Weight: 21.3 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order number: M9285LL/A.
Discontinued: July 1, 2004.
- The Combo drive is capable of reading and writing CD-R/CD-RW disks and reading but not writing DVD disks. Nowadays it’s almost an obsolete drive type.
- Trade in your old iMac 4 for cash: We at iGotOffer buy used iMac for the best price online!: iMac for Sale! Check out our prices!