The iMac G5/1.8 with the 20” display is identical to the iMac G5/1.8 with the 17” display. It is the all-in-one desktop computer in a polycarbonate casing behind the 17” screen, mounted on an aluminum stand. The casing is approximately 2 inches deep and it can also be mounted on a wall or kiosk, for it meets the VESA standards. The iMac G5/1.8 17-inch features a 1.8 GHz PowerPC 970 (G5) processor with an optimized AltiVec “Velocity Engine” vector processing unit, 256 MB of SDRAM, a 160 GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading 4X “Super” Drive, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra graphics with 64 MB of DDR SDRAM (AGP 8X), and built-in stereo speakers, as well as 2 Firewire “400” and 3 USB 2.0 ports. It also supports AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth, but the cards are optional and installed at the factory. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 17” screen for the sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac G5/1.8 is shipped with Apple Keyboard and Apple mouse from the box.
iMac G5/1.8 20-Inch
Introduced on: August 31, 2004.
- Codename: “Hero”.
- Processor Speed: 1.8 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: PowerPC G5 970fx (POWER4).
- Processor upgrade: Soldered.
- Cores: 1.
- On-Board Ram: 256 MB, DDR 400MHz.
- Video: 20″ TFT active matrix LCD, 1440 x 900/1680 x 1050 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 120° horizontal and 90° degrees vertical.
- Graphics: nVidia GeForce FX 5200 Ultra with 64 MB of DDR SDRAM.
- Storage: 160 GB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 3x USB 2.0, 2x Firewire 400, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output. Optical drive: 4X “Super” Drive.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Optional 54 Mbit/s AirPort Extreme 802.11b/g, 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX Ethernet, 56k V.92 modem, Optional Bluetooth 1.1.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: 10.3.5. OS max. upgrade: 10.5.8.
- Dimensions: 18.6 x 19.4 x 7.4 inch.
- Weight: 25.2 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1076 (EMC 2008).
Apple Order number: M9250LL/A.
Discontinued: May 3, 2005
- The iMac G5 stand has and adjustable hinge. The Apple iMac G5/1.8 20” was introduced in line with the iMac G5/1.6 17” and iMac G5/1.8 17”.
- If you want to switch to a newer model, you can always sell your old iMac to iGotOffer. Best Prices Online, Free Instant Quote, Free Fully Insured Shipping, Fast Payment: Sell iMac.