The Apple Cinema HD Display (30-Inch, Aluminum) is meant to complement the Apple hi-end products, such as the Power Macintosh G5 and PowerBook G4 models. It has an anodized aluminum casing with a slight bezel, and is mounted on an aluminum stand with an adjustable hinge.
Apple Cinema HD Display (30-Inch, Aluminum)
The display also meets the Electronics Standards Association’s (VESA) mounting interface standard and can be mounted on a wall or an articulating arm. Technically it is an active-matrix LCD matte display with maximum resolution of 2560×1600 pixels with an integrated two port USB hub, two FireWire “400” ports and the industry standard DVI (Digital Video Interface) socket. Thus, the Apple Cinema Display (30-Inch, Aluminum) is compatible not only with a Macintosh but also with an IBM desktop.
June 28, 2004.
- Code name: Cinema Display.
- Frame material: Anodized Aluminum.
- Display type: TFT LCD.
- Display size: 30-Inch.
- Format: “Wide-Screen”.
- Optimum Resolution (in pixels): 2560 x 1600.
- Supported Resolutions (in pixels): 1024 x 600, 1280 x 800, 1920 x 1200, 2048 x 1280.
- DPI/PPI: 100.
- Dot/Pixel pitch: 0.258 mm.
- Max. Display colors: 16.7 Million.
- Viewing angle: 170 degrees horizontal, 170 degrees vertical.
- Response time: 16 ms.
- Brightness: 270 cd/m2, 400 cd/m2 (since March 28, 2006).
- Contrast ratio: 400:1, 700:1 (since March 28, 2006).
- Built-in audio: No.
- Built-in camera: No.
- USB 1.0: 2.
- Firewire: 2 (400).
- DVI: Yes.
- ADC: No.
- Power: 150 W.
- Supported MacOS: 10.2.8.
- Dimensions: 21.3 x 27.2 x 8.46.
- Average weight: 27.5 lbs.
Apple Numbers, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Identifier Number: A1083
Apple Parts Number: M9179LL/A
Discontinued Date: July 27, 2010.
Original Price: $3299.00.
- This model uses the industry standard Digital Video Interface (DVI). It requires a Mac or Windows PC equipped with a dual-link DVI port.
|Family||Cinema HD Display|
|Dimensions||21.3 x 27.2 x 8.46 in|
|Display Size||30 inches|
|See also||Sell your Apple Cinema HD Display (30-inch, Alluminum) online now|
- The Apple Cinema Display has an outboard power supply, which may warp over time. Power supplies are available however, so a user can simply replace the bad one.
- This model, like other new models, had an anodized aluminum enclosure, which matched all of Apple’s high-end lines of professional products. An alternative stand, or a wall mount could be used with a VESA mount adapter kit, which was sold separately.
- Though the 30-inch aluminium Apple Cinema Display enclosures had not been redesigned for a long period of time, several “silent” improvements were made to the brightness levels and contrast ratios.
- With the introduction of the 24-inch, LED Cinema Display in October 2008, the 23-inch Cinema HD Display was discontinued. The 20-inch model was also discontinued in February 2009, leaving the 30-inch Apple Cinema display as the only model left.
- This display is housed in an aluminum design with a thin bezel, suspended by an aluminum stand with an adjustable hinge that makes tilting the display almost effortless.
- The model supports the Electronics Standards Association’s (VESA) mounting interface standard, which makes it easy to mount this display on a kiosk, wall, or articulating arm.
- See Apple Cinema Display Error Codes for more details.
- Before you switch to a new model, trade in your old Apple Cinema for fast cash. iGotOffer buys secondhand Apple displays for the best price on the online market: Sell Old Apple Cinema HD Display (30-Inch, Aluminum) now!
- Apple Cinema Display (20-inch, DVI), (23-inch, DVI), (30-inch, DVI) – User’s Guide.
- Apple Cinema Display – Display Stand. Replacement Instructions by Apple.
Retro Unboxing – Apple 30-inch HD Cinema Display [Video]
Published on December 5, 2014 by zollotech.