iPad 2nd Generation – Full tablet information
The iPad 2nd Generation wasn’t as thick as the iPad 1. In fact it was 15% lighter and 33% thinner than the predecessor. The new device had faster processor. Its front-facing VGA and 720p rear-facing cameras were designed for FaceTime videophone calling. Just like the original iPad, the iPad 2 is a tablet computer designed for browsing the web, taking photos, reading and sending e-mail, watching videos, listening to music, playing games and much more.
iPad 2nd Generation
Compared to the previous iPad model, the second version in the Apple iPad line gained a faster dual core A5 processor and a lighter build structure. The iPad 2nd device was also the first iPad to feature VGA front-facing and 720p rear-facing cameras designed for FaceTime video calling. This iPad was available initially with either 16, 32 or 64 GB, as well as with two varying connectivity options, Wi-Fi only or Wi-Fi and cellular. Each variation was available with either a black or white front glass panel.
March 2, 2011.
- Processor: Dual core Apple A5 (twice as fast as iPad 1st generation processor for CPU operations and up to nine times as fast for GPU operations).
- Storage: 6, 32, or 64 GB of internal flash memory.
- OS: Pre-installed iOS 4.3 (8F190). Later iOS 9.x. It is not supported by iOS 10 or subsequent versions of the iOS. Windows support: Windows XP SP3/Vista/7. Compatible with a “Mac computer with a USB 2.0 port, MacOS X v10.5.8 or later, and iTunes 10.2 or later. Compatible with a “PC with a USB 2.0 port, Windows 7, Windows Vista; Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later, and iTunes 10.2 or later.
- Cameras: Front VGA camera (5x digital zoom for still images) and back 720p camera. Images taken at a low quality 0.3 megapixels. Capability of 30fps video. Both cameras shoot photo and video in a 4:3 fullscreen aspect ratio.
- Photo Support: iPad 2 syncs iPod-viewable photos from iTunes. JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, PSD (Mac only), and PNG formats.
- Video Support: H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.
- Display: 1024 by 768 pixel touchscreen liquid-crystal display, 7.75×5.82 in (diagonal 9.7 in), with fingerprint- and scratch-resistant glass.
- Input: Three axes gyroscope.
- Battery: Built-in rechargeable Li-Po battery 3.75 V 24.8 W·h (6,613 mA·h. Estmated time: 10 hours life while working actively, 10 hours of video, 140 hours of audio playback, and up to one month in stand-by mode.
- Dimensions: 9.50 by 7.31 by 0.34
- Weight: 1.33 lbs (average weight).
Apple Models, Discontinuation, Price
- MC769LL/A for the 16 GB configuration in black. MC770LL/A for the 32 GB configuration in black. MC916LL/A for the 64 GB configuration. MC979LL/A for the original 16 GB. NC980LL/A for the original 32 GB configuration and MC981LL/A for the original 64 GB configuration. A1395 (EMC2415).
- 32 and 64 GB discontinued on March 7, 2012
- The 16 GB variation with two connectivity options and two front color options remained available for one year more.
- US$499 – 6 GB
- US$599 – 32 GB
- US$699 -64 GB.
Updating iPad 2nd gen manually: If you have not enough space to update your iPad over the air, you can either update using iTunes or delete content manually. Whether you use iTunes or update wirelessly, you’ll have the same amount of free space on your device after the update. If you can’t update wirelessly, or if you want to update with iTunes, do the following: Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer. Then plug in your iPad to your computer. Next, in iTunes, select your device. In the Summary pane, click Check for Update. Click Download and Update. If you don’t have enough free space to update using iTunes, delete some content manually from your iPad.
iPad 2nd Generation
|Model Number||A1395 on the iPad 2 (Wi-Fi)
A1396 on the iPad 2 (GSM model)
A1397 on the iPad 2 (CDMA model)
(on the back cover)
|Display Size||9.7 inches|
|Dimensions||241.2 x 185.7 x 8.8 mm (9.50 x 7.31 x 0.35 in) (Wi-Fi)
241.2 x 185.7 x 8.8 mm (9.50 x 7.31 x 0.35 in) (Wi-Fi + 3G)
|Weight||601 g (1.32 lb) (Wi-Fi)
607 g (1.34 lb) (Wi-Fi + 3G)
|Capacity||16/32/64GB, 512MB RAM|
|Front Panel||Flat and made of glass|
|Back Panel||Made of anodized aluminum|
|SIM tray||The micro-SIM tray is on the right side on iPad (GSM model only)|
|Serial Number||You will find it in the Settings menu|
|IMEI/MEID||You will find it in the Settings menu|
|See also||Sell your iPad 2nd generation online now|
- The iPad is designed to be controlled by bare fingers but the iPad 2nd generation introduced special gloves and capacitive styli designed to control iPads.
- The second generation iPad introduced a third tier of models with CDMA support for Verizon Wireless, available separately from the AT&T capable version.
- The iPad 2nd generation does not support tap to focus, but it allows a tap to set auto exposure.
- Both iPad’s cameras allow FaceTime video messaging with iPhone 4, fourth generation iPod Touch, and Snow Leopard, Lion, and Mountain Lion Macs.
- The iPad 2 (Wi-Fi Only) was proclaimed to be the start of a post PC era.
- Reset before you trade in old iPad: Resetting the iPad to its factory default setting is also used as a troubleshooting tool. Many common issues can be solved by deleting the app and downloading it again from the App Store. Or just power the iPad down and restarting it. However some problems persist beyond these steps. For avoid them, reset the iPad before you sell it. This will clear up all the problems.
- To reset your device before you sell iPad online, go into the iPad’s settings. You’ll see an icon that looks like gears. On the left-hand side of the settings window, choose General settings then scroll down the page until you see Reset option in the General settings. Two options are available to you here: Reset All Settings and Erase All Content and Settings. If you choose Reset All Settings, the data (music, movies, podcasts, contacts, etc.) will remain. The preferences will be reset. If you want to sell you old gadget, you will want however to choose Erase All Content and Settings option. It will delete all data you had on your old iPad, which includes information for your iTunes account.
- Upon the release of the 3rd generation iPad in March 2012, only the 16 GB variation with two connectivity options and two front color options remained available.
- Apple iPad Support: Manuals, User Guides, iOS and Apple Accessories Information
- Getting Ready to Sell iPad Online
- Looking for the place where to sell used iPad? You can sell it to iGotOffer, we buy old iPads for cash. And we buy any other electronic device you don’t need anymore: iPad for sell.
Apple iPad 2 WiFi+3G (White & Black): Unboxing [Video]
Published by DetroitBORG on Mar 11, 2011.
Interested in selling iPad 2nd gen online, but nobody seems to be interested in buying it, still it’s a very good machine. It’s a pity good models vanish fast.
You would be better off trading it in at the Apple Store
I might be interest
Depends where you are located and how much you want.