The Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.0 is the Intel Mac mini in a cuboid casing with an external power unit and a slot-loaded optical disk drive. It has a much faster double cored processor with 64-bit architecture, double the RAM and almost double the hard drive. The Mac mini “Core 2 Duo” / 2.0 features a 2.0 GHz Intel “Core 2 Duo ” (T7200) processor, 1 GB of RAM (PC2-5300), a 120 GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (5400 RPM), a 2.4X double-layer “SuperDrive” and Intel GMA 950 graphics with 64 MB of integrated memory. The net top has a DVI video out, four USB 2.0 ports and one Firewire 400 port, a built-in mono-speaker, an audio-out mini-jack and an audio line-in/digital audio input. As for the wireless, the Mac mini “Core 2 Duo” / 2.0 has standard to AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g) and Bluetooth 2.0+EDR. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini “Core 2 Duo” / 2.0 is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse.
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo / 2.0
Introduced on: August 7, 2007.
- Processor Speed: 2.0 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: ZIF Socket.
- Processor type: Intel “Core 2 Duo” (T7200).
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board RAM: DDR2 1 GB, 667 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR2 4 GB.
- Graphics: Intel GMA 950 with 64 MB of integrated memory.
- Resolution Support: 1920 x 1200.
- Storage: 120 GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-100 up to 160 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 2.0, Firewire 400, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, audio line-in/digital audio input, DVI video out.
- Optical drive: 2.4X double-layer “SuperDrive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, optional 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme 802.11a/b/g, Bluetooth 2.0+EDR.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.4.10 (8R3014)”Tiger”.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.7.5 “Lion”.
- Dimensions: 2.0 x 6.5 x 6.5 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.9 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1176 (EMC 2108).
Apple Order number: MB139LL/A.
Discontinued: March 3, 2009.
- Apple has never explained why it named the OS after big cats. Some theories have it, the feline monikers are easier to remember and catch attention than numbers, while one conspiracy theory name a Shaye computer company as the inspiration.
- The British company cloned Apple computers back in mid-1990s and named them after cats: lions, tigers, leopards, panthers, jaguars, cheetahs and pumas. Some fans see a certain connection with the WW II German tanks like Tiger and Panther, but it’s too far-fetched.
- The easiest way to recycle your old Mac mini: Sell it to iGotOffer. We offer the best price online for your used gadgets and devices, Mac mini included: Sell your Mac mini for top dollar.