The Mac mini (2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mid 2010) is the build-to-order iteration of the Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.4 (mid-2010) with a faster processor as the only difference. It is the Intel Mac mini in a cuboid aluminum casing with an internal power unit, a slot-loaded optical disk drive and a black plastic removable panel on the bottom to provide an access to upgradable RAM. The fifth USB port has been ditched for an SD (SDXC) card slot. This design is in line with Macbooks and aluminum Mac minis also have a moniker unibody. The Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.66 (mid-2010) features a 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (P8800) processor, 2 GB of RAM (PC2-5300), a 320 GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (5400 RPM), an 8X double-layer “SuperDrive” and GeForce 320M graphics with 256 MB of integrated memory. The net top has a mini-HDMI and Mini DisplayPort video out, four USB 2.0 ports and one Firewire 800 port, a built-in mono-speaker, an audio-out mini-jack and an audio line-in/digital audio input. As for the wireless, the Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.66 has standard to AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.4is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse.
Mac mini (2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mid 2010)
Introduced on: June 15, 2010.
- Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel Core 2 Duo (P8800 “Penryn”).
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board RAM: DDR2 2 GB, 667 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR2 16 GB.
- Graphics: GeForce 320M with 256 MB of integrated memory.
- Dual display support: Yes.
- Resolution Support: 1920 x 1200.
- Storage: 320 GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-100 up to 500 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 4 x USB 2.0, Firewire 800, SD card reader, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, audio line-in/digital audio input, Mini-HDMI and Mini DisplayPort video out.
- Optical drive: 8X double-layer “SuperDrive”.
- SD-card reader: Yes.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, optional 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/ n, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.6.4 (10F2025)”Snow Leopard”.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.11.x “El Capitan” (requires 2 GB).
- Dimensions: 2.0 x 6.5 x 6.5 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.9 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1347 (EMC 2364).
Apple Order number: BTO \ CTO.
Discontinued: July 20, 2011.
- Mac mini storage system supports SATA hard drives with 3 GB speed, so while graphics and CPU upgrades are out of question (unless you order them on Apple’s web-site), you can make up by installing a faster hard drive or an SSD. More than that! Removing the SuperDrive, you can get a space for the second hard disk or SSD! Since the SuperDrive also has a SATA interface you can plug in your second HDD with a third-party connector and start Raid-0 on your Mac mini.
- We can help you save money: We offer the best prices online for your old electronic devices, Mac mini included!: Trade in your Mac mini for top cash, take a close look at the prices we offer.
Mac Mini Core Duo – How to disassemble and upgrade Memory and Hard Drive A1176. By The 8-Bit Guy. Published on May 5, 2013. This video shows how to upgrade the RAM and Hard Drive on the A1176 Mac Mini Core Duo and Core-2 Duo Models.