The Mac mini “Core Duo ” / 1.66 is the first Intel Mac mini in a cuboid casing with an external power unit and a slot-loaded optical disk drive. It has a double cored processor with 32-bit architecture. The Mac mini “Core Duo” / 1.66 features a 1.66 GHz Intel “Core Duo ” (T2300) processor, 512 MB of RAM (PC2-5300), a 60.0 GB or an 80 GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (5400 RPM), a slot-loading 8X DVD/CD-RW “Combo” drive or 2.4X double-layer “SuperDrive” and Intel GMA 950 graphics with 64 MB of integrated memory. The net top has a DVI video out, four USB 2.0 ports and one Firewire 400 port, a built-in mono-speaker, an audio-out mini-jack and an audio line-in/digital audio input. As for the wireless, the Mac mini “Core Duo” / 1.66 has standard to AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.0+EDR. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini “Core Duo” / 1.66 is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse, but with a DVI-to-VGA adapter and an Apple remote to go with Apple Front Row software.
Mac Mini “Core Duo” / 1.66
Introduced on: February 28, 2006.
- Processor Speed: 1.66 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: ZIF Socket.
- Processor type: Intel “Core Duo” (T2300).
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board RAM: DDR2 512 MB, 667 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR2 2 GB.
- Graphics: Intel GMA 950 with 64 MB of integrated memory.
- Resolution Support: 1920×1200.
- Storage: 60 GB \ 80 GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-100 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 2.0, Firewire 400, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, audio line-in/digital audio input, DVI video out.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD/CD-RW “Combo” drive \ 2.4X double-layer “SuperDrive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, optional 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme 802.11b/g, Bluetooth 2.0+EDR.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.4.5 (8H1619) “Tiger”.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.6.8 “Snow Leopard”.
- Dimensions: 2.0 x 6.5 x 6.5 inch.
- Weight: 2.9 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1176 (EMC 2108).
Apple Order number: MA206LL/A – 80 GB hard drive and a 2.4X “SuperDrive” configuration; MA607LL/A – 60 GB hard drive and a non-DVD+R DL capable 8X “Combo” drive configuration.
Discontinued: August 7, 2007.
Price: $799, $599.
There were two iterations of this model, with a separate Apple Order number each. The configuration featuring an 80 GB hard drive and a 2.4X “SuperDrive” was being sold since February 28, 2006 to September 6, 2006, while the one featuring a 60 GB hard drive and a non-DVD+R DL capable 8X “Combo” drive – since September 6, 2006 to August 7, 2007. See the Apple Order numbers above.
- Trade in you old Mac mini for top dollar. We buy secondhand idevices for the best price online, Mac mini included.