The Mac mini Core Solo / 1.5 is the first Intel Mac mini, though it has a single core version of the processor. The design – a cuboid casing with an external power unit and a slot-loaded optical disk drive – remained the same, while the hardware has been thoroughly upgraded. The processor speed as that of the RAM has been increased, the discreet graphic card has been replaced with an integrated one but with double the VRAM. The number of USB ports has also been increased, a new input has been added and the Bluetooth version – upgraded, but the modem has been dropped. It is now available for an extra cost. The Mac mini “Core Solo” / 1.5 features a 1.5 GHz Intel “Core Solo” (T1200) processor, 512 MB of RAM (PC2-5300), a 60.0 GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (5400 RPM), a slot-loading 8X DVD/CD-RW “Combo” drive, and Intel GMA 950 graphics with 64 MB of integrated memory. The net top has a DVI video out, four USB 2.0 ports and one Firewire 400 port, a built-in mono-speaker, an audio-out mini-jack and an audio line-in/digital audio input. As for the wireless, the Mac mini “Core Solo” / 1.5 has standard to AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.0+EDR. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini “Core Solo” / 1.5 is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse, but with a DVI-to-VGA adapter and an Apple remote to go with Apple Front Row software.
Mac Mini Core Solo / 1.5
Introduced on: February 28, 2006.
- Processor Speed: 1.5 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: ZIF Socket.
- Processor type: Intel “Core Solo” (T1200).
- Cores: 1.
- On-Board RAM: DDR2 512 MB, 667 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR2 2 GB.
- Graphics: Intel GMA 950 with 64 MB of integrated memory.
- Resolution Support: 1920 x 1200.
- Storage: 60 GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-100 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 2.0, Firewire 400, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, audio line-in/digital audio input, DVI video out.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD/CD-RW “Combo” drive.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, optional 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme 802.11b/g, Bluetooth 2.0+EDR.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.4.5 (8H1619) “Tiger”.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.6.8 “Snow Leopard”.
- Dimensions: 2.0 x 6.5 x 6.5 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.9 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1176 (EMC 2026).
Apple Order number: MA205LL/A.
Discontinued: September 6, 2006.à
- T1200 is the slowest processor of the Core Solo family. But in these models can easily be upgraded to an Intel 64-bit Core 2 Duo.
- Asking yourself where to sell your used Mac mini? You’ve come to the right place. iGotOffer buys old computers for the best price online: Used Mac mini for sale.