The iPhone 8 is the first smartphone by Apple made exclusively of durable glass front and back. The only metal detail is the edge band made of aerospace-grade aluminum and reinforced with steel. The iPhone 8 is engineered to endure dust and water splash (but not the immersion in water!) and qualifies a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529.
iPhone 8 vs 8 Plus Unboxing & Comparison! [Video]
Video uploaded by Jonathan Morrison on September 19, 2017
Apple iPhone 8 Information
The iPhone 8 is powered by a 64-bit “Apple A11 Bionic” processor. Apple A11 Bionic is the latest chipset by Apple and its’ six cores feature 2+4 arrangement: two Monsoon performance cores and four Mistral high-efficiency ones for graphics support. The unprecedented number of graphic cores allows to install just 2 GB of RAM. The iPhone 8 has two internal storages available: 64 GB or 256 GB of flash storage. The communication standards include 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, LTE (4G), and NFC for Apple Pay.
The iPhone 8 features a 4.7-inch widescreen multitouch IPS display called “Retina HD”. Its highlights are the “True Tone” and the 1334 x 750 native resolution.
The new smartphone by Apple has dual cameras – a back 12-megapixel 4K camera with optical image stabilization, a f/1.8 aperture, a 6-element lens and wide color capture and a front 7-megapixel “FaceTime HD” camera with 1080p video support. Both cameras support motion tracking and offer augmented reality support.
This smartphone doesn’t feature the Face ID. Its’ primary ID procedure is the fingerprint scanner installed into the Home button that is now made ‘clickless’.
The estimated audio playback time for iPhone 8 is up to 40 hours while that of the talk is 14 hours. Browsing will last for 12 hours while wireless video playback – for 13 hours. The glass back panel allows to charge the battery wirelessly using a charging Qi standard mat.
- Announced on September 12, 2017.
- Released on September 22, 2017.
- Network: GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE.
- SIM-card: Nano-Sim.
- Codename: iPhone 8.
- Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz.
- Processor type: Apple A11 Bionic.
- Cores: 6 (2x Monsoon + 4x Mistral).
- Graphics core: Apple GPU (three-core graphics).
- On-Board RAM: 2 GB.
- Internal Memory: 64 GB, 256 GB.
- Display: LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors.
- Size: 4.7 inches (~65.4% screen-to-body ratio).
- Resolution: 750 x 1334 pixels (~326 ppi pixel density).
- Multitouch: Yes.
- 3D Touch display: Yes.
- Home Button: Yes.
- Protection: Ion-strengthened glass.
- Oleophobic Coating: Yes.
- Back camera: 12 MP, f/1.8, 28mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, quad-LED (dual tone) flash.
- Features: Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 8MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama).
- Video: 2160p@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps.
- Front camera: 7 MP, f/2.2, 1080p@30fps, 720p@240fps, face detection, HDR, panorama.
- Sound Alert types: Vibration; proprietary ringtones.
- Loudspeaker: Yes, stereo.
- 3.5mm jack: No (Lightning adapter available).
- Features: active noise cancellation with dedicated mic.
- Connectivity: WLAN, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot. Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO.
- NFC: Apple Pay only.
- USB: 2.0, reversible connector.
- Wireless Payment: Apple Pay.
- Radio: No.
- Sensors: Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer.
- Messaging: iMessage, SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email.
- Browser: HTML5 Safari.
- Java: No.
- Preinstalled software: MP3/WAV/AAX+/AIFF/Apple Lossless player, MP4/H.265 player, audio/photo/video editor, document editor.
- Peripheral support: Apple Watch series 1, 2, 3; AirBuds.
- Voice Control: Siri natural language commands and dictation.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 1821 mAh battery.
- Fast Battery Charging: 50% in 30 min.
- Wireless Charging: Qi wireless charging.
- Talk time: Up to 14 h (3G).
- Music/Video Play: Up to 40 h.
- Colors: Silver, Space Gray, Gold.
- Preinstalled OS: iOS 11.0 (15A372).
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: 5.45 x 2.65 x 0.29 Weight: 5.22 oz.
- Body Protection: IP67 certified – dust and water resistant
The iPhone 8 comes with the AirPods, and the Lightning-USB charger from the box. The AirPower charging mat is available for an extra cost.
|Model Number||A1863, A1905, A1906 (Japan)
(engraved on the back cover)
|Display Size||4.7 inches|
|Dimensions||138.4 x 67.3 x 7.3 mm (5.45 x 2.65 x 0.29 in)|
|Weight||148 g (5.22 oz)|
|Capacity||64/256GB, 2GB RAM|
|Colors||Gold, silver, space gray|
|Front Panel||Flat and made of glass with curved edges|
|Back Panel||Glass and there's an anodized aluminum band around the frame|
|SIM tray||On the right side that holds a 4FF (short for “fourth form factor”) or nano-SIM card|
|Serial Number||You will find it in the Settings menu|
|IMEI/MEID||+ Etched on the SIM tray. The MEID is the first 14 digits of the IMEI
+ You can use the IMEI/MEID instead of the serial number
|See also||Sell used iPhone 8 online now|
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No.:
- A1863 (EMC 3159).
Apple Order number:
- MQ742LL/A – 64 GB in gold, on Verizon
- MQ802LL/A – 256 GB in gold, on Verizon
- MQ732LL/A – 64 GB in silver, on Verizon
- MQ7Y2LL/A – 256 GB in silver, on Verizon
- MQ722LL/A – 64 GB in Space Gray, on Verizon
- MQ7X2LL/A – 256 GB in Space Gray, on Verizon
- MQ772LL/A – 64 GB in gold, on Sprint
- MQ832LL/A – 256 GB in gold, on Sprint
- MQ762LL/A – 64 GB in silver, on Sprint
- MQ822LL/A – 256 GB in silver, on Sprint
- MQ752LL/A – 64 GB in Space Gray, on Sprint
- MQ812LL/A – 256 GB in Space Gray, on Sprint
- MQ6X2LL/A – 64 GB in gold, on AT&T
- MQ7T2LL/A – 256 GB in gold, on AT&T
- MQ6W2LL/A – 64 GB, the iPhone 8 in silver, on AT&T
- MQ7R2LL/A – 256 GB the iPhone 8 in silver, on AT&T
- MQ6V2LL/A – 64 GB, the iPhone 8 in Space Gray, on AT&T
- MQ7Q2LL/A – 256 GB the iPhone 8 in Space Gray, on AT&T
- MQ712LL/A – 64 GB in gold, on T-Mobile
- MQ7W2LL/A – 256 GB in gold, on T-Mobile
- MQ702LL/A – 64 GB in silver, on T-Mobile
- MQ7V2LL/A – 256 GB in silver, on T-Mobile
- MQ6Y2LL/A – 64 GB in Space Gray, on T-Mobile
- MQ7U2LL/A – 256 GB in Space Gray, on T-Mobile
- Still Available.
- $249 – 64GB
- $399 – 256GB
- The iPhone 8 comes with the AirPods, and the Lightning-USB charger from the box. The AirPower charging mat is available for an extra cost.
- This model didn’t survive the test drops performed by the gadget warranty outfit SquareTrade and cracked on ALL sides.
- The first lucky users of the iPhone 8 report that Skype won’t work with the iOS 11. The bug will be soon fixed with a patch.
- iPhone 8 – Technical Specifications
- Buy iPhone 8 – Apple Store
- Sell your used iPhone 8 online for top price to iGotOffer