The Apple Mac Pro Quad Core 2.66 was the first Intel-based tower mac to have been introduced. It served as a long awaited replacement for the PowerPC-based Power Mac G5 machines. This configuration is powered by two 2.66 GHz dual core Intel Xeon 5150 processors with 4 MB of shared level 2 cache per processor.
Apple Mac Pro Quad Core 2.66 (Original)
Introduced on August 7, 2006.
- Processors CPU: Intel Xeon 5100 Series (“Woodcrest”).
- Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz.
- Processor Type: D. Core Xeon 5150 x2.
- RAM Type: PC5300 DDR2 ECC.
- Standard RAM: 1 GB.
- Video Card: GeForce 7300 GT.
- VRAM Type: GDDR2 SDRAM.
- Display Support: According to Apple’s reports, this model can support up to eight displays with four NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT graphics cards installed, each supporting two displays.
- Resolution Support: 2560 x 1600.
- Standard Hard Drive: 250 GB (7200 RPM).
- Connectivity: Airport Extreme 802.11a/b/g and draft-n (optional; n disabled by default). 2x gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem. Optional Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR.
- OS: Pre-Installed MacOS: X 10.4.7 (8K1079). Maximum MacOS: X 10.7.5.
- Maximum Windows: XP SP2.
- Battery: 922-6476 3.6V lithium battery.
- Dimensions: 20.1 in height, 8.1 in width, 18.7 in depth.
- Average Weight: 42.4 lbs.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order Number: MA356LL/A.
Apple Model Number: A1186.
Discontinuation: January 8, 2008.
Initial Price: US$2499.
- The Apple Mac Pro “Quad Core” 2.66 was by default configured with 1.0 GB of 667 MHz DDR2 ECC “fully-buffered” FB-DIMM memory, the headsink design of which differs from the generic one of FB-DIMMs.
- The expansion is provided with two external 5.25” bays, four internal 3.5” cable-free, direct attach hard drive bays, four PCle slots.
- We help you save money for a new model: Sell your old Mac Pro to iGotOffer for the highest price online. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment: Sell MacBook Pro for top price.