Apple Watch has a Do Not Disturb Mode that enables the user to shut off interruptions. You can turn this mode on and off either from the Settings apps or from the Settings Glance. You can set Apple Watch iPhone’s Do Not Disturb setting. In this case, when you turn on Do Not Disturb on your device, the other device will pick up the setting automatically as long as the second device is in range.
- 1 Apple Watch: How to Configure and Use Do Not Disturb Mode
- 2 A Few More Words about Notifications
- 3 Links
Apple Watch: How to Configure and Use Do Not Disturb Mode
How to Mirror iPhone’s Do Not Disturb Settings
- On iPhone, press Home.
- On the Home screen, tap Apple Watch.
- On the Apple Watch app, tap My Watch.
- On the My Watch screen tap Do Not Disturb.
- On the Do Not Disturb screen the details of iPhone’s Do Not Disturb settings will appear.
- Set the Mirror iPhone switch as needed (to On or Off).
- Tap My Watch and the My Watch screen will appear.
How to Turn Do Not Disturb On and Off on Apple Watch
- Raise your wrist to wake Apple Watch.
- Swipe up the watch face when it appears.
- The Glance screen appears and shows the last Glance you used.
- Swipe right one or more times until you see Setting Glance.
- Tap Do Not Disturb. Apple Watch turns on Do Not Disturb Mode.
- To turn off Do Not Disturb mode, tap again Do Not Disturb icon.
- Click the Digital Crown and the watch face will appear.
Turning the Do Not Disturb Mode in Settings
You can turn Do Not Disturb Mode in Settings:
- Click the Digital Crown to display the Home screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Do Not Disturb.
- Set Do Not Disturb switch to On (or Off if needed).
How to Set Do Not Disturb Mode on iPhone
- Press Home to display the Home screen.
- Tap Settings to open the Settings app.
- Tap Do Not Disturb to open the Do Not Disturb screen.
- Set the Scheduled switch to On.
- Tap the From, To button to set the hours.
A Few More Words about Notifications
If you don’t see notifications on your Apple Watch, make sure that your Apple Watch and iPhone are connected. In fact, if you devices disconnect, your notifications will go to your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch.
You should also check the settings on your Apple Watch. When your Apple Watch locks or you turn on Do Not Disturb, your notifications go to your iPhone.
When your Apple Watch is locked, Lock appears on the watch face. If your Apple Watch has a passcode, it locks automatically when you aren’t wearing the device, when it loses contact with your skin, or while it’s charging.
When Do Not Disturb is on, Moon icon appears on the watch face. To turn this feature on or off, swipe up on the watch face, then tap Do not disturb.
How to Customize or Mirror Notification Settings
By default, the Apple Watch notifications are set up to mirror your iPhone settings. For example, if the user sets your iPhone Mail app to notify him or her only of VIP emails and the notifications on the watch mirror the paired iPhone, the user will see only VIP email notifications on his or her Apple Watch.
For built-in apps, it is possible to customize the notifications on the Apple Watch:
- Open the Apple Watch app on the iPhone.
- Now tap the My Watch tab.
- Tap Notifications.
- Then tap an app.
If the users wants the app’s notification settings to mirror settings on the iPhone, tap Mirror my iPhone. If instead the user wants to use different notification settings just for the Apple Watch, he should tap Custom.
For third-party apps, the can turn off notifications. To do so, scroll down to the Mirror iPhone Alerts From section and turn off the setting next to the app.
If the user prefers to hide the notification icon: A red dot icon appears on your watch face when the user gets a notification. It is easy to hide the red dot, so it doesn’t appear when you have unread notifications. To do this:
- Open the Apple Watch app on the paired iPhone.
- Tap the My Watch tab.
- Next tap Notifications.
- Turn off Notifications Indicator.
Note that some people are sensitive to certain materials. This can be due to allergies, environmental factors, extended exposure to irritants like soap or sweat, and other causes. In addition to ensuring that all materials adhere to existing regulations, Apple developed its own specification for Apple Watch that goes beyond those requirements. In fact, every material that touches the user’s skin has gone through extensive evaluation in accordance with our specification. According to Apple, this includes:
- Thousands of material composition tests.
- More than a thousand prototypes worn for trial studies.
- Hundreds of toxicological assessments.
- Consultations with board-certified dermatologists.
If you know you have allergies or other sensitivities, be aware that Apple Watch and some of its bands contain the following materials: Nickel, stainless steel, space gray aluminum, or rose gold aluminum case and methacrylates (but Apple Watch and its bands are designed so that parts containing methacrylates are not in direct contact with the skin).
- Sell your old Apple Watch online to iGotOffer for the highest price. Free instant quote. You can call or e-mail us and ask any question regarding the selling of your Apple gadget: Sell my Apple Watch online.
Understanding how to use Mute and Do Not Disturb on the Apple Watch with your iPhone. Uploaded by Peter von Panda on June 14, 2015.