Apple Watch includes a Remote app. That app allows you to control iTunes on your computer. But before you can use the Remote app to control iTunes, you must set Apple Watch as a Remote in iTunes by entering the passcode that the remote app displays on Apple Watch.
How to Set Up Apple Watch as a Remote for iTunes
- Lift the wrist to wake Apple Watch and display the watch face.
- Click the Digital Crown to open the Home screen.
- Tap Remote to open the Remote app.
- Tap Add Device, and the Passcode screen will open. It will show the passcode you will need to enter in iTunes to set up Apple Watch as a Remote.
- On your computer, click now Devices in the iTunes window (the devices window varies depending on the devices connected). The list of the connected devices will show. You’ll see any iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, iPod connected.
- Click the icon for Apple Watch. The text for this icon shows the name you have assigned to Apple Watch.
- The Add Remote for iPhone, Apple Watch, iPod touch, iPad screen appears.
- Tap the passcode shown on Apple Watch.
- Now the iTunes window shows the following message: Your Remote is now able to control iTunes.
- Click OK.
- Now you can use Apple Watch to control playback on iTunes on your computer.
How to Stop Using Apple Watch on iTunes
You can make iTunes forget all remotes.
- In iTunes on your computer, open the Preferences window (click iTunes and then Preferences on a Mac. Click Edit and then Preferences in Windows).
- Click Devices in the Tabs bar.
- Devices Preferences window will open.
- Click Forget All Remotes.
- When iTunes displays a confirmation dialog box, click Forget All Remotes in this box as well.
- Now you can set up any remotes you want to use.
Using the Remote App
To use the Remote app, you only need to set it up with your Apple TV or in iTunes on your computer. For each device you only need to set up the app once. After you set up the app, you can quickly choose what to control from your Apple Watch. Of course you can remove devices later.
After you set up the Remote app, you can control your Apple TV. Make sure that your Apple TV is awake, open Remote on your Apple Watch, choose your Apple TV, then use the following steps:
- Swipe up, down, left, or right to move through the Apple TV menu.
- Tap to choose a highlighted item.
- Tap Menu to go back, or touch and hold it to go to the Home screen.
- Tap to pause or resume playback.
To Control iTunes
After you set up the Remote app, choose an iTunes library and control your music from your watch:
If you have only one library, start playing your music. If you have more than one library, tap the library that you want to listen to on your watch. If you’re already playing music, tap , then tap a library. To play or pause your music, or to go to the previous or next track, use the controls in Remote. If you want to change the volume, turn the Digital Crown.
Apple Watch can remotely access the viewfinder on your iPhone’s iSight camera. This means you’ll be able to prop up your iPhone somewhere, and then you will be able to use Apple Watch to not only see through the iPhone lens, but take a picture.
Apple Watch can locally store up to 2GB worth of music files and audio, but Apple Watch can also control the music locally stored on their iPhone. And that’s not all: Apple Watch can playback from iTunes Match, and if your iPhone is streaming to AirPlay-enabled speakers, it can control audio playing from them too.
Apple developed the HomeKit framework so it could simplify the current state of home automation. It essentially created a common language that connected devices from any manufacturer can recognize and support. In this way the devices can work together and communicate via a single platform. HomeKit also leverages Siri, Apple’s intelligent voice assistance, letting you control these connected devices with just your voice.
Imagine having a house chock-full of connected devices from multiple manufacturers, but they can sync and understand each other. What’s more, you can tell these devices what to do through Siri. That’s HomeKit automation. Besides you don’t need an iOS device to issue voice commands through Siri, you can just use your linked Apple Watch.
Also note that thanks to third party apps, such as Alarm.com extension, you’ll get to control many things remotely. Another app, like the BMW i Remote App, which is tied to the i3 electric vehicle and i8 hybrid, doesn’t allow you to wirelessly control the car, but it does allow you to operate the car’s climate control system, as well as monitor vehicle range, battery level, and estimated charge time remaining, while locating nearby charging stations if needed. You can also check vehicle status’ (such as whether the door, window, or trunk is locked). There are many other apps which will help you to “go remote”.
- We Help You Save Money: Sell your old Apple Watch to iGotOffer for the best price online! Check on our prices now!: Apple Watch sale.
How to Connect your Apple Watch to WiFi. Uploaded by Tech Tent on December 18, 2015. A quick video on how to connect your apple watch to Wifi.