There are many more facts and trivia about computer games out there. You can share you knowledge with others if you feel that we missed interesting facts. Just leave a comment to this text. And do not forget to share our text on Facebook and Google+ with your friends, if you think it’s worth sharing.
Interesting Facts and Trivia About Computer Games
- Beneficial games: Did you know that computer games may be beneficial to players by teaching them important life skills and by developing visiospatial abilities, psychologists say? To learn more: Psychology and Computer Games.
- G-code: The most used G-code for video games of all time is “up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A”. This code is known among the developers as the Gamers Code.
- PlayStation: The PlayStation was designed as a Nintendo Console with Sony to make the inside components when Nintendo console changed their minds about making the console Sony decided to go ahead make the PlayStation.
- Animal Crossing: One game of Animal Crossing on the GameCube has the potential to last up to 29 real-time years. That could be a form of torture – being made to watch that non-stop.
- Mario Brothers: Mario was actually named after the landlord of Nintendo’s first warehouse Mr. Mario Segale. The original name of Mario was actually Mr. Video Game which ended up becoming Mr. Segale’s nickname speaking of Mario he is actually appearing in over a hundred and twenty video games.
- Mario Brothers Chain Chomp: The Chain Chomp things in Mario games are actually based on the game’s creator, Miyamoto’s neighbor’s dog. The dog would often get chained up next to the yard that Mr. Miyamoto used to play in as a child.
- Mario Brothers Name: Due to the popularity of Mario Brothers in 1983, there was an explosion of name Mario given to children around that time.
- MegaMan: MegaMan is known as RockMan in Japan. They changed the name from RockMan to MegaMan for the international version of the game.
- Pac-Man: They say that Pac-Man was invented by the designer Toru Iwatani while he was eating pizza.
- Legend of Zelda: In the original game the user could only hold 255 Rupees or gold coins. In fact, the maximum value of an unsigned 8bit integer and to hold more would have required more memory which wasn’t doable for the technology at that time.
- World of WarCraft: The highest grossing game of all time is World of WarCraft. This game’s gains totaled over ten billion dollars over its lifetime.
- SEGA Saturn: The first gaming console to ever ship with an internal memory was the SEGA Saturn. The console shipped with about one megabyte of memory.
- Donkey Kong: In the original arcade version of Donkey Kong, Mario was called jump man and he was a carpenter, not a plumber.
- Billions of $ in Games: About 60 percent of Americans play video games regularly. Globally, consumers spend billions of dollars in purchases of games, subscriptions, apps, bonuses and so on.
- Gamer’s Age: The average game player is 31 years old. Most players have been playing electronic games for 15 years. However the average age of the most frequent game purchaser is 35 years old.
- Game Consoles: More than 50 percent of all U.S. households own at least one dedicated game console. An average number of game consoles owned by a family is two.
- Men and Women as Gamers: Curiously enough, more than 50% of all game players are men, but women of the age of 18 represent a significantly greater portion of the game-playing population than boys at the same age.
- Devices for Playing Games: About half of gamers play today games on their smartphones. One third of gamers play electronic games on their wireless device.
- ESRB: About 90% of all electronic games rated by the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) usually receive a rating of E (for Everyone), E1o+ (for Everyone 10+), or T (for teen).
- Parents and Games: According to ESRB (short fir Entertainment Software Rating Board), parents are present when games are purchased or rented more than 90 percent of the time.
- We Help You Save Money: Sell your old and used Apple products to iGotOffer for the best price online: Apple products for sale!