The cell phone makes our life simple. It can assist us in many ways and has become an essential part of our existence. These portable devices can make and receive calls over a radio frequency carrier, which establishes a connection to the switching systems, or a mobile phone operator, while the user is moving within a telephone service area that is covered by the public switched telephone network (PSTN). We call modern mobile telephone services cell phones or cellular phones because most services use a cellular network architecture. Many mobile phones support text messaging, Internet access, email, multimedia messaging service, digital photography, short-range wireless communications (such as Bluetooth or infrared), business applications, and gaming. Mobile phones which offer these and other computing capabilities are referred to as smartphones (smartphone sales represent around 80 percent of total mobile phone sales). Now, let’s review a few facts about mobile phones.
Original iPhone Durability Test! – Scratch and Bend Tested [Video]
Video uploaded by JerryRigEverything on May 24, 2017.
Curious Facts About Your Cell Phone
- First handheld mobile phone: The first handheld mobile phone was demonstrated by John F. Mitchell and Martin Cooper of Motorola in 1973 in New York, NY. They used a handset weighing. 4.4 lbs. to communicate within a range of about 300 ft.
- First commercially available handheld mobile phone: In 1983, the DynaTAC 8000x was introduced as the first commercially available handheld mobile phone. Then, from 1983 to 2010, worldwide mobile phone subscriptions grew to over seven billion, penetrating 100% of the global population and reaching even the bottom of the economic pyramid. Today, the top smartphone manufacturers are Samsung, Apple, and Huawei.
- No Apps: Did you know that around 65% of smartphone users download zero apps per month! Even when an average user unlocks his or her smartphone up to 110 times each day. And about 50% of smartphone owners say they couldn’t live without a smartphone.
- Bacteria and Cell Phones: They say that mobile phones have 20 times more bacteria than toilet handles. That’s hard to believe, as many companies now produce waterproof phones, and millions of youngsters use their gadgets in the shower. In fact, today many people aren’t concerned about the symptoms caused by their mobile phones, such as insomnia, confusion, and headaches.
- They Go Down: Did you know that in Britain, more than 100,000 mobile phones are dropped in the toilet every year. Throughout the world, however, people now have more mobile phones than toilets.
- Security Apps: Some tools are available in the App Store that appear to perform heavy-duty security functions. They can even take fingerprints or eye scans. However, before you buy security apps at the App Store, make sure you’re clear on what the app does and doesn’t do.
- Hidden Map: There’s a hidden map in your iPhone of everywhere you’ve been:
- Want to switch to a newer model? Can’t help but sell at iGotOffer. Take a close look at the prices we offer: Sell my cell phone online for top cash.