The iMac Core 2 Duo / 2.26 with 20-inch screen introduced in mid- 2009 for educational purposes only has half the RAM capacity, a smaller hard drive and an integrated Nvidia graphics. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in a glass and aluminum one-piece casing behind the 20” screen, mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. Yet the hardware had been revised. The memory clockspeed was increased up to 1066 MHz, the memory type was also upgraded up to DDR3. The entry-level iMacs of 2009 sports Nvidia Geforce Graphics, while top models – ATI Radeon. The FireWire “400” port was dropped for an extra USB port thus making four of them in total and the Mini-DVI was swapped for Mini DisplayPort. The processor remained the same. The Core 2 Duo 2.0 20-inch (mid-2009) features a 2.26 GHz Intel “Core 2 Duo” processor (P7550), with two independent processor “cores” on a single silicon chip, 1 GB of RAM (2 GB since May 3, 2011), a 160 GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL “Super Drive”, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics with 128 MB of memory shared with the system, a built-in iSight webcam and stereo speakers, as well as a Firewire “800” and 4 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in draft and enabled AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and Mini DisplayPort capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 20-inch screen for the sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac Core 2 Duo 2.26 20-inch (early 2009) is shipped with a smaller Apple Keyboard short of the numerical keypad and Mighty Mouse.
iMac Core 2 Duo / 2.26 20-Inch (Mid-2009 Edu)
Introduced on: March 4, 2010
- Codename: Intel Mac.
- Processor Speed: 2.0 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core 2 Duo (P7550) “Penryn-3M”.
- Processor upgrade: Soldered.
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board Ram: 1 GB, DDR3 1066 MHz (one slot free) \ 2 GB, DDR3 1066 MHz (no slot free). Max. Ram: 8 GB.
- Video: 20″ TFT active matrix LCD, 1680 x 1050 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 160° horizontal and 160° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics with 128 MB of integrated memory.
- Storage: 160 GB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives up to 640 GB and 1TB available for BTO models.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 800, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote
- OS: Preinstalled OS: X 10.5.7, OS max. upgrade: 10.11.x
- Dimensions: 18.5 x 19.1 x 7.4 inch.
- Average Weight: 20 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1224 (EMC 2316).
Apple Order Number: MC015LL/B – 1 GB RAM model, MC015LL/C*- 2 GB RAM model.
Discontinued: March 7, 2012.
- The processor is soldered and can’t be replaced, more than that, it can’t support hyper-threading. This is a significant cutback in the performance of the whole system.
- Check on our prices: Sell your old iMac to iGotOffer. Trade it in for top cash online. Fast payment. We started in 2010 and we plan to stay online for at least two centuries: Sell used iMac online for top cash.
iMac 20-inches (Early 2009) Review. Video published by CompHelperKid on July 29, 2009.