The iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4 Aluminum with 20 inches screen is an Intel Mac iteration. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in a glass and aluminum one-piece casing behind the 20 inches screen, mounted on an aluminum stand with an adjusting hinge. The processor speed, VRAM and the hard disk capacities were increased, while the RAM remained the same. The Core 2 Duo 2.4 20 inches Aluminum features a 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor (T7700), with two independent processor “cores” on a single silicon chip, 1 GB of RAM, a 320 GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL Super Drive, ATI Radeon 2600 PRO graphics with 256 MB of GDDR SDRAM (PCI-Express), a built-in iSight webcam, a microphone and stereo speakers, as well as 1 Firewire “400”, 1 Firewire “800” and 3 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in draft and enabled AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and mini-DVI capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 20” screen for the sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac Core 2 Duo 2.0 Aluminum 20-inch is shipped with an ultra-thin aluminum Apple Keyboard and Mighty Mouse.
iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4 20 Inches (Al)
Introduced on: August 7, 2007.
- Codename: Intel Mac.
- Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core 2 Duo (T7700) “Merom-P”.
- Processor upgrade: ZIF Socket.
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board Ram: 1GB, DDR2 667MHz (2 x 512 MB installed in two slots).
- Max. Ram: 6 GB (2+4).
- Video: 20 inches TFT active matrix LCD, 1440 x 900/1680 x 1050 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 170° horizontal and 170° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: Radeon 2600 PRO graphics with 256 MB of GDDR3 SDRAM (PCI-Express).
- Storage: 320 GB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 up to 500 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 3x USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 400, 1 Firewire 800, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.4.10 (8R4031).
- OS max. upgrade: 10.11.x.
- Dimensions: 18.5 x 19.1 x 7.4 inch.
- Weight: 20 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1224 (EMC 2133).
Apple Order number: MA877LL.
Discontinued: April 28, 2008.
- Keep in mind, you have to upgrade your RAM to successfully run the maximum MacOS supported by this desktop.
- A Bluetooth 2.0 keyboard and the (same old) wireless Apple Mighty Mouse are also compatible with this iMac, so you can go all wireless except for the power cord of course. But the optional wireless keyboard lacks a numeric keypad for the sake of more comfortable lap-typing.
- Trade in the iMac you don’t need anymore for the highest price online at iGotOffer.com: We Buy Your Old iMacs!