The iMac Core i5 / 2.7 with 27-inch screen got the brand new quad processor of the time – Intel Core-i5 Sandy Bridge. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 27” LED-backlit IPS screen, covered by an edge-to-edge front glass and mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The Core i5 2.7 27-inch (mid-2011) features a quad core 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 I5-2500S processor (Sandy Bridge), with an innovating DMI system bus to connect the northbridge and the southbridge, and an integrated graphics core, 4 GB of RAM, a 1TB GB (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL Super Drive, an SD memory slot card reader, AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics with 512 MB of shared memory, a built-in FaceTime HD webcam and stereo speakers, as well as a Firewire “800”, 4 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in draft and enabled AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and a “Thunderbolt” port. “Thunderbolt” port is a proprietal Apple port supporting the peripherals and a second display, since it is backwards compatible with a Mini DisplayPort. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 27-inch screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac Core i5 I5-2500S (mid-2011) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and a new multi-touch “Magic Mouse” An aluminum remote control and a multi-touch Magic Trackpad are optional and available for an extra cost.
iMac Core i5 / 2.7 27-Inch (Mid-2011)
Introduced on: May 3, 2011.
- Codename: Intel Mac Unibody.
- Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (I5-2500S) “Sandy Bridge”.
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1155 (Socket H2).
- Cores: 4.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 4 GB, DDR3 1333 MHz (one 2GB module per slot, two slots free).
- Max. RAM: 32 GB.
- Video: 27″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix LCD, 16:9 widescreen, 1920 x 1080 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 178° horizontal and 178° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: FaceTime HD camera 720p, 0.9 MP, 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics with 512 MB of shared memory.
- Storage: 1TB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives.
- SSD supported: 2.5”.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 800, 1 “Thunderbolt” port, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, FaceTime HD webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Card reader: SDXC card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: X 10.6.6 (10J4026). OS max. upgrade: current
- Dimensions: 20.4 x 25.6 x 8.15 inch.
- Average Weight: 30.5 lb
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1312 (EMC 2429).
Apple Order Number: MC813LL/A.
Discontinued: October 23, 2012.
- iMacs support external speakers, but a user can run into troubles with the system ‘seeing’ them. So, the best way out will be to look for Mac-compatible audio, manufactured by a number of third-party companies, including Alesis, Apogee Digital, MOTU, PreSonus, Roland.
- Where to sell my old iMac? – Well, don’t look anymore, we at iGotOffer buy even broken Apple devices for cash. Check on our prices: Sell iMac.