The iMac (27-inch, 2.93GHz Intel Core i7, Mid 2010) is originally the built-to-order iteration of the top iMac (27-inch, 2.8GHz Intel Core i5, Mid 2010) introduced in Mid 2010. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 27-inch LED-backlit IPS screen, covered by an edge-to-edge front glass and mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The iMac (27-inch, 2.93GHz Intel Core i7, Mid 2010) features a quad core 2.93GHz Intel Core i7 I7-870 processor (Lynnfield), with an innovating DMI system bus to connect the northbridge and the southbridge, 4 GB of RAM, a 1TB GB or 1TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL Super Drive, an SD memory slot card reader, ATI Radeon HD 5750 graphics with 1GB of shared memory, a built-in iSight webcam and stereo speakers, as well as a Firewire “800” and 4 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in draft and enabled AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and Mini DisplayPort capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 27-inch screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac (27-inch, 2.93GHz Intel Core i7, Mid 2010) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and a new multi-touch “Magic Mouse” An aluminum remote control and a multi-touch Magic Trackpad are optional and available for an extra cost.
iMac (27-inch, 2.93GHz Intel Core i7, Mid 2010)
- Introduced on July 27, 2010.
- Codename: Intel Mac Unibody.
- Processor Speed: 2.93GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i7 (I7-870) ” Lynnfield “.
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1156 (Socket H).
- Cores: 4.
- On-Board RAM: 4 GB, DDR3 1333 MHz (one 2GB module per slot, two slots free).
- Max. RAM: 16 GB.
- Video: 27″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix LCD, 16:9 widescreen, 2560 x 1440 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 178° horizontal and 178° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5750 graphics with 1GB of shared memory.
- Storage: 1 TB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 800, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Card reader: SD card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: X 10.6.3 (10D2322a). OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: 20.4 x 25.6 x 8.15 inch.
- Average Weight: 30.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1312 (EMC 2390).
Apple Order Number: BTO/CTO.
Discontinued: May 3, 2011.
- While ordering a BCO iMac a user can specify not only a processor’s speed but also a hard drive and RAM capacities as well. Yet, the top iMac configuration leaves little to be desired. Some even argue you’ll notice any difference between a regular top iMac and a BTO model.
- Sell Old iMac Now for the Best Price Online: Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment: Sell your iMac.