iMac (27-inch Retina 5K, 3.3GHz Core i5, Late 2015)
The iMac Core i5 / 3.3GHz with 27-inch screen continues the late 2014 iMacs line up and has major improvements in display but lacks Fusion Drive as a standard storage. The quad core processor (Intel Core-i5 Ivy Bridge with Haswell microarchitecture) has been downgraded to 3.3 GHz. The design is similar to the iMacs of 2012. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an ultra-thin (5 mm depth at the edges) all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 27” LED-backlit IPS widescreen Retina 5K display with the higher pixels’ density of 300 PPI. There’s a bulge though in the center of the back panel to house all the hardware. The computer is mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The iMac Core i5 3.3 27-inch (mid- 2015) features a quad core 3.3 GHz Intel “Core i5 I5- 4590” processor (Haswell), with four independent processor cores on a single chip, DMI system bus and an integrated graphics core, 8 GB of RAM, a 1TB hard drive (7200 RPM), an SD memory slot card reader, an AMD Radeon R9 M290 graphics with 2 GB of shared memory, a built-in FaceTime HD webcam and stereo speakers, as well as two “Thunderbolt-2” ports and 4 USB 3.0 ports. It also has built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 4.0. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 27-inch screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac Core i5 3.3 27-inch (mid- 2015) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and either with a “Magic Mouse” or a traditional wired Apple Mouse or a multi-touch Magic Trackpad.
iMac Core i5 / 3.3 27-Inch (Retina, 5K, Mid-2015)
Introduced on: May 19, 2015.
- Codename: iMac with Retina Display.
- Processor Speed: 3.3 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 3.7 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (I5- 4590) “Haswell”.
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1150 (Socket H3).
- Cores: 4.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board Ram: 8 GB, DDR3 1600 MHz (4 GB x 2, two slots free).
- Max. Ram: 32 GB.
- Video: Retina 5k 27″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:9 widescreen, 5120×2880 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: FaceTime HD camera 720p, 0.9 MP, 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M290 graphics with 2 GB of shared memory.
- Storage: 1TB hard drive (7200 RPM).
- Fusion Drive: Optional, built-to-order.
- SSD capacity: 128 GB.
- SSD supported: “blade” type.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 3.0, 2 “Thunderbolt-2” ports, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, FaceTime HD webcam, SD card reader, Kensington Lock slot.
- Optical drive: None.
- Card reader: SDXC card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.0.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: 10.10.2 (14C500). OS max. upgrade: 10.12 “Sierra”.
- Dimensions: 20.3 x 25.6 x 8 inch.
- Average Weight: 21 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1419 (EMC 2806).
Apple Order number: MF885LL/A.
Discontinued: October 13, 2015.
- 5K resolution is the horizontal resolution of more than 5 000 pixels. Rumors in hi-tech crowd have it, 5k is the next UHDTV standard for TV sets and displays.
- To save for a new model, sell your old iMac to iGotOffer for the highest price online: We Buy Your Old iDevices and we pay top dollar cash.
New iMac 5K Unboxing – Retina 27-inch Display (2015): Review and Benchmarks. Published by iCrackUriDevice on May 21, 2015.
CommentsSo empty here ... leave a comment!