The iMac Core i5 / 1.4 got just the dual core processor – Intel Core-i5 Ivy Bridge with Haswell microarchitecture. This low-cost entry-level iMac is to close the late 2013 line-up, though it was released in mid of 2014. The design is similar to the iMacs of late 2013. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an ultra-thin (5 mm depth at the edges) all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 21.5-inch LED-backlit IPS screen with cover glass fully laminated to the LCD and anti-reflective coating. There’s a bulge though in the center of the back panel to house all the hardware. The computer is mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The iMac Core i5 1.4 21.5” (Mid-2014) features a dual core 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5 I5-4260U processor (Haswell), with two independent processor cores on a single chip, DMI system bus and an integrated graphics core, 8 GB of RAM, a 500 GB (5400 RPM) hard drive, an SD memory slot card reader, an Intel HD Graphics 5000 with shared memory, a built-in FaceTime HD webcam and stereo speakers, as well as two “Thunderbolt” ports and 4 USB 3.0 ports. It also has built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 4.0. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 21.5-inch screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac Core i5 2.9 21.5-inch (late 2013) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and either with a “Magic Mouse” or a traditional wired Apple Mouse or a multi-touch Magic Trackpad.
iMac Core i5 / 1.4 21.5-Inch (Mid-2014)
Introduced on: June 18, 2014.
- Codename: Intel Mac Slim Unibody.
- Processor Speed: 1.4 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 2.7 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (I5- 4260U) “Haswell”.
- Processor upgrade: Soldered.
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board Ram: 8 GB, DDR3 1600 MHz (no upgrade intended by Apple).
- Max. Ram: 16 GB.
- Video: 21.5″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix LCD, 16:9 widescreen, 1920 x 1080 pixels max resolution, anti-reflective coating.
- Webcam: FaceTime HD camera 720p, 0.9 MP, 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000 with shared memory.
- Storage: 500 GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives .
- SSD supported: 2.5”.
- Fusion drive support: Yes.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 3.0, 2 “Thunderbolt” ports, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, FaceTime HD webcam, SD card reader, Kensington Lock slot.
- Optical drive: None.
- Card reader: SDXC card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.0.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: X 10.9.3 (13D2061). OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: 17.7 x 20.8 x 6.9 inch.
- Average Weight: 12.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1418 (EMC 2805).
Apple Order number: MF883LL/A.
Discontinued: October 13, 2015.
- Obviously, this iMac is meant for easier migration from Windows.
- Sell old iMac online: We at iGotOffer buy previous-generation models for the best price. Check on our prices – We buy used iMacs for top cash, check our prices now.
Apple iMac 1.4GHz Intel i5 Mid 2014 (Unboxing). Video uploaded by Parrot175, on July 11, 2014. Apple iMac 1.4GHz i5 Mid 2014.