The iMac Core i7 3.3 with 21.5-inch screen Retina 4K is a built-to-order iteration of the iMac Core i5 / 3.1 21.5-Inch (Retina, 4K, Late 2015) but with the top-class quad processor Core i7 3.3. The design is similar to the iMacs of 2012. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an ultra-thin (5 mm depth at the edges) all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 21.5-inch LED-backlit IPS screen with cover glass fully laminated to the LCD and anti-reflective coating. There’s a bulge though in the center of the back panel to house all the hardware. The computer is mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The iMac Core i7 3.3 21.5-inch (Retina, 4K, late 2015) features a dual core 3.3 GHz Intel Core i7 I7- 5775R processor (Broadwell), with four independent processor cores on a single chip, DMI system bus and an integrated graphics core, 8 GB of RAM, a 1TB hard drive (5400 RPM), an SD memory slot card reader, an integrated Intel Iris Pro 6200 Graphics 6000 graphics with 1.7 GB of shared memory, a built-in FaceTime HD webcam and stereo speakers, as well as two “Thunderbolt-2” ports and 4 USB 3.0 ports. It also has built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 4.0. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 21.5-inch screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac Core i7 3.3 21.5-inch (Retina, 4K, late 2015) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and either with a “Magic Mouse” or a traditional wired Apple Mouse or a multi-touch Magic Trackpad.
iMac Core i7 3.3 21.5-Inch (Retina, 4K, Late 2015 / Broadwell) BTO / CTO
Introduced on: October 13, 2015.
- Codename: iMac with Retina Display.
- Processor Speed: 3.3GHz.
- Boost Speed: 3.8 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i7 (I7- 5775R) “Broadwell”.
- Processor upgrade: Soldered.
- Cores: 4.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board Ram: 8 GB, DDR3 1600 MHz, upgrade at time of order only.
- Max. Ram: 16 GB.
- Video: 21.5″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:9 widescreen, 1920×1080 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: FaceTime HD camera 720p, 0.9 MP, 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 6200 graphics with 1.7 GB of shared memory.
- Storage: 1TB hard drive (5400 RPM).
- Fusion Drive: optional, built-to-order.
- SSD supported: “blade” type.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 3.0, 2 “Thunderbolt-2” ports, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, FaceTime HD webcam, SD card reader, Kensington Lock slot.
- Optical drive: None.
- Card reader: SDXC card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.0.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: 10.11 (15A2301). OS max. upgrade: 10.12 “Sierra”.
- Dimensions: 17.7 x 20.8 x 6.9 inch.
- Weight: 12.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1418 (EMC 2833).
Apple Order number: BTO / CTO.
- The number of pixels for a Retina Display is about 300 PPI, according to Steve Jobs. Apple has just simply converted a device’s display to Retina by doubling the number of pixels in each direction (excluding the iPhone 6 Plus, when the number was tripled). Thus the total resolution has been quadrupled, creating a sharper interface at the same physical dimensions.
- Switching to a new iMac? Don’t know what to do with a previous generation?: Sell your used iMac to iGotOffer for the highest price online. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment.