The iMac G3/700 SE is the top model to wrap up the whole G3 line. It got the fastest processor of the 7xx family – 700 Hz – and the largest hard drive – 60 GB, the largest RAM from the box – 256 MB and the most popular colors: Graphite and Snow. The iMac G3/600 features a 700 MHz PowerPC 750cx (G3) processor with a 256k on-chip level 2 cache, 256 MB of RAM, a 60.0 GB Ultra ATA hard drive, a slot loading 8X/4X/24X CD-RW drive, ATI Rage 128 Ultra (AGP 2X) graphics with 16 MB of VRAM and Firewire “400” ports as well as the in-built speakers, a 15-inch CRT display and AirPort support. The iMac G3/500 is available in two crisp colors: Graphite and Snow.
iMac G3/700 SE (Summer 2001)
Introduced on: July 18, 2001.
- Code name: “Kiva”.
- Processor Speed: 700 MHz.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Processor type: PowerPC 750cx Sidewinder “G3”.
- Cores: 1
- On-Board Ram: 256 MB (Expandable to 1 GB (512 MB supported by Apple)
- Video: 15-inch (13.8-inch viewable) shadow-mask CRT screen with 1024 x 768 pixel resolution
- Graphics: ATI Rage 128 Ultra (AGP 2X) video with 16 MB of VRAM.
- Storage: 60 GB, 5400-rpm ATA-3 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 2x USB 1.1, 2x FireWire 400 2x Headphone mini-jacks, Analog audio input mini-jack, Built-in stereo speakers.
- Optical drive: 4X/8X/24X CD-RW
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Optional 11 Mbit/s AirPort 802.11b (adapter required), 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, 56k modem 4 Mbit/s.
- Preinstalled OS: 9.1, 10.0.4. OS max. upgrade: 10.4.11
- Dimensions: 15.0 x 15.0 x 17.1 inch.
- Weight: 34.7 lb
- Colors: Graphite, Snow
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Model No: M5521 (EMC 1857).
Apple Order number: M8510LL/A – Graphite, M8554LL/A – Snow.
Discontinued: January 7, 2002.
- The critical drawback of iMacs is the fact that Apple doesn’t consider hard drive and optical drive to be user replaceable parts. The only DIY upgrade available is that of RAM. This leaves the user to the wits and mercies of iMacs enthusiasts who love tinkering. The external hard drives are also the option. And while USB 1.1 is obsolete for the purpose, the FireWire port can provide the required speed of data exchange.
- Recycle your old iMac, sell it to iGotOffer: Free Instant Quote, Top Price, Fast Cash: Sell my iMac.