iPod Classic 4th Generation – Full Information
The iPod classic 4th Gen acquired a lot of features from the junior model iPod nano, including: the touch-sensitive scroll wheel with four auxiliary buttons under it; the energy-efficient components, enhancing the battery life for over 12 hours of music playback, while the battery remained as in the previous model. The iPod classic 4th Gen case became thinner of course, while the accessories to go by were cut back by the Apple for some editions. Initially, the two models were being offered: the 20 Gb model and the 40 Gb model, but later on October 26, 2004, the iPhoto was introduced as the iPod classic 4th Gen premium edition. The device featured a 220×176 pixel LCD capable of displaying up to 65,536 colors. It supported JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, and PNG graphic file formats, and the users could attach their iPods to TV or other external display for slideshows via a bundled TV cable.
iPod Classic 4th Generation
Introduced on July 19, 2004.
- Processor Speed: 80 MHz (x2).
- Processor Type: PP5020.
- Onboard RAM: 32 MB.
- Storage capacity: 20 GB (5000 songs in 128-Kbps AAC format) and 160 GB (10000 songs in 128-Kbps AAC format).
- Connectivity: Firewire, USB, dock, headphones.
- Mac support: Mac 10.1.5.
- Audio: A high output amplifier (60-mW), a standard 3.5-mm headphone jack. This model supports for the first time Audible format.
- Drive: 1.8 inches hard drive.
- Dimensions: 4.1 x 2.4 x 0.57.
- Average weight: .5.6 oz.
- Navigation: Click wheel.
- Format: MP3,
- Battery Type: lithium ion battery provides 12 hours of music playback.
- Display: The iPod classic (4G) models has 2-inch (diagonal) grayscale LCD with blue-white LED backlight”. 0.24-mm dot pitch.
- Colors: black, white.
- Accessories: earbud headphones, AC adapter, Firewire cable, USB 2.0 cable (optional). The 40 GB configuration has also a dock from the box.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order: M9282LL/A for the 20Gb model, M9268LL/A for the 400Gb.
Apple Model No: A1059 (EMC 1995).
Discontinued: June 28, 2005.
Price: US $299 for 20Gb model, US $399 for 40Gb model. Retail price: US $50 – US $70.
- There were two special editions: the U2 edition and the Harry Potter edition. The special U2 edition was introduced on October 26, 2004 to cross-market the U2 new album How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb and the black front with the red wheel was to match the album color-scheme. It was sighed by all the U2 members and the customers were offered a US$50 coupon for a US$149 collection of U2’s entire back catalog as well as 30 minutes of exclusive U2 video downloadable from the iTunes Music Store.
- The Harry Potter edition was equally generous though. The iPod had a Hogwarts logo engraved on the back and 6 Harry Potter audio books pre-loaded. The Harry Potter iPod classic 4th Gen was announced on September 7, 2005 and was released in conjunction with the Rowling’s audio books in iTunes®.
- iPod – Apple Community
- Sell your old iPod classic 4th generation online for the highest price. We help you save money! Instant quote, free shipping, fast and secure payment. Sell your iPod Classic online for top dollar cash!
- News and Reviews About Electronic Gadgets and Apps – iGotOffer Blog
Apple iPod Classic [Video]
Video uploaded by CNET on November 30, 2012.
As another visitor said earlier here, all these iPod classic staff is very old, you can’t sell it even for $1 neither in pawn shops nor online. All these texts have a nostalgic value only.
I have the Fourth Generation iPod in mint condition model # A1059 what do you think it would sell for and how much of the sale do you want?
Hi, thank you for contacting our company. You can find all the info about prices and conditions at this address. Just fill in the form and you’ll see the price we offer: https://igotoffer.com/sell-ipod