iPod Touch (4th Gen/FaceTime) 8, 32, 64 GB
The iPod touch 4 gen continues the same more-than-a player but less-than-a-phone line. It was released in pair with the iPhone 4 and shares an Apple A4 chip, a 3.5″ “Retina” screen (960 x 640, 326 ppi, not IPS) and an integrated cam for making video calls via FaceTime. But it lacks a 3G/EDGE module, and consequently, A-GPS and digital compass. The iPod touch 4th gen supports some sweet features like iCloud, iMessage, iMovie editing. As to hardware, the device has a 3-axis gyroscope, an in-built speaker and an in-built mike as well as a front VGA camera for video calls. The rear 0.70-megapixel camera with no flash is capable of recording 720p video. The battery life was enhanced up to 40 hours of music playback and 7 hours of video playback. TheiPod touch 4th gen is available in three capacities: 8, 32 and 64 GB.
iPod Touch (4th Gen/FaceTime) 8, 32, 64 GB
Introduced on September 1, 2010.
- Processor Speed: 1.0 GHz.
- Processor Type: Apple A4.
- Processor Core: 1.
- Onboard RAM: 256 MB.
- Storage capacity: 8 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB.
- Display: 3.5″ retina display (960 x 640, 326 ppi).
- Connectivity: USB, wi-fi, Bluetooth.
- Wireless standard: 802.11b/g/n.
- Bluetooth: 2.1+EDR.
- OS installed: iOS 4.0. Max. OS upgrade: iOS 6.1.6).
- Mac support: MacOS X 10.5.8.
- Dimensions: 4.4 x 2.3 x 0.28.
- Average weight: 3.56 oz.
- Navigation: Multitouch screen.
- Format: MP3.
- Battery Type: Battery provides 40 hours (music), 7 hours (video).
- Color: Black.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order: MC540LL/A. MC540LL/A – iPod Touch 4G 8 GB. MC544LL/A – iPod Touch 4G 32 GB. MC547LL/A – iPod Touch 4G 64 GB. Apple Model No: A1367 (EMC 2407).
Discontinued: October 4, 2011.
Price: $229, $299, $399.
- The iPod touch 4th gen can support as much as iOS 6.1.6, it has a very good processor chip. The FaceTime app works not via phone number but via Apple ID and e-mail. Once you register, your e-mail contacts list appears in FaceTime. The app supports the earbuds, turning off the integrated speaker and mike the second a headphone jack is plugged in. Keep in mind, that the TimeFace app might be unavailable in some countries and regions.
- The iPod touch 4th gen runs OK with unprotected music and audiobooks outside the iTunes, but with the DRM-protected audio content there may be some problems.
iPod Touch Apps
iPod touch comes with the following apps (note that app functionality and availability may vary, depending on the country or region where you purchase and use iPod touch).
- Music – Listen to your songs, audiobooks, and podcasts. Create on-the-go playlists, or use Genius to create playlists for you. Listen to Genius Mixes of songs from your library.
- Videos – Watch purchased or rented movies and TV shows, music videos, and video podcasts on the go. Or connect iPod touch to your TV to watch on a larger screen (TV connection requires cable available for purchase separately).
- FaceTime – Make video calls to other iPod touch 4th generation or iPhone 4 users over Wi-Fi. Use the front camera to talk face to face, or the main camera to share what you see.
- Camera – Take photos and record videos (iPod touch 4th generation). View them on iPod touch, email them, or upload them to your computer. Tap to set the exposure for a specific object or area. Trim and save video clips. Upload videos directly to YouTube or MobileMe.
- Photos – View photos and videos you sync from your computer or save from Mail messages (videos only on iPod touch 4th generation or later). Zoom in on photos for a closer look. Watch a slideshow. Email photos and videos, or publish them to a MobileMe gallery. Assign images to contacts, and use them as wallpaper. View photos by place, and if you sync with iPhoto 8.0 (part of iLife ‘09) or later, you can view photos by events
- Game Center – Discover new games and share your game experiences with friends around the world. Invite a friend, or request a match with other worthy opponents. Check player ranking on the leatherboards. Gain achievements for extras points.
- Mail – iPod touch works with MobileMe, Microsoft Exchange, and many of the most popular email systems—including Yahoo!, Google, and AOL—as well as most industry-standard POP3 and IMAP email systems. View PDFs and other attachments within Mail. Save attached photos and graphics to your Photo Library.
- Safari – Browse websites over Wi-Fi. Rotate iPod touch sideways for widescreen viewing. Double-tap to zoom in or out—Safari automatically fits the webpage column to the iPod touch screen for easy reading. Open multiple pages. Sync bookmarks with Safari or Microsoft Internet Explorer on your computer. Add Safari web clips to the Home screen for fast access to favorite websites. Save images from websites to your Photo Library.
- Calendar – View and search your MobileMe, iCal, Microsoft Entourage, Microsoft Outlook, or Microsoft Exchange calendars. Enter events on iPod touch and they sync back to the calendar on your computer. Subscribe to calendars. See the birthdays you’ve entered in Contacts. Set alerts to remind you of events, appointments, and deadlines.
- YouTube – Play videos from YouTube’s online collection. Search for any video, or browse featured, most viewed, most recently updated, and top-rated videos. Set up and log in to your YouTube account—then rate videos, sync your favorites, show subscriptions, and more.
- Stocks – Watch your favorite stocks, updated automatically from the Internet. View company news and current trading information, such as opening or average price, trading volume, or market capitalization. Rotate iPod touch to see detailed charts in landscape orientation. Drag your finger along the charts to track price points, or use two fingers to see a range between points. See Chapter 14,“Stocks,” on page 116.
- Maps – See a street map, satellite view, or hybrid view of locations around the world. Zoom in for a closer look, or check out the Google Street View. Find your current approximate location. Get detailed driving, public transit, or walking directions and see current highway traffic conditions. Find businesses in the area.
- Weather – Get current weather conditions and a six-day forecast. Add your favorite cities for a quick weather report anytime.
- Notes – Jot notes on the go—reminders, grocery lists, brilliant ideas. Send them in email. Sync notes to Mail on your Mac, or Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express on your PC. Sync notes over the air (iPod touch 3rd generation or later) with your MobileMe, Google, Yahoo!, or iMAP accounts.
- Clock – In the Utilities folder. View the time in cities around the world—create clocks for your favorites. Set one or more alarms. Use the stopwatch, or set a countdown timer.
- Calculator – In the Utilities folder. Add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Rotate iPod touch sideways to use expanded scientific functions.
- Voice Memos – In the Utilities folder. Record voice memos using the built-in microphone on iPod touch 4th generation or a compatible external microphone or headset with microphone. Play them back on iPod touch or sync them with iTunes to listen to voice memos on your computer. Attach voice memos to email messages.
- iTunes – Search the iTunes Store for music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and more. Browse, preview, and download new releases, or see what’s popular in the top charts. Rent movies and TV shows to view on iPod touch. Stream and download podcasts.
- App Store – Search the App Store for iPod touch apps you can purchase or download using your Wi-Fi connection. Read reviews or write your own reviews for your favorite apps. Download and install the apps on your Home screen.
- Settings – Adjust all iPod touch settings in one convenient place. Set your own volume limit for listening comfort. Set your wallpaper, screen brightness, and settings for network, mail, web, music, video, photos, and more. Use Location Service settings to set location privacy options for Maps and applicable third-party apps. Set auto-lock and a passcode for security. Restrict access to explicit iTunes content and certain apps. Reset iPod touch.
- Contacts – Get contact information synced from MobileMe, Mac OS X Address Book, Yahoo! Address Book, Google Contacts, Windows Address Book (Outlook Express), Microsoft Outlook, or Microsoft Exchange. Search, add, change, or delete contacts, which get synced back to your computer.
- Nike + iPod – When activated in Settings, Nike + iPod turns your iPod touch into a workout companion. Track your pace, time, and distance from one workout to the next, and choose a song to power through your routine. (Requires select Nike shoes and a Nike + iPod Sensor, sold separately.)
- iBooks – Download the free iBooks app from the App Store for a great way to read and buy books. Get everything from classics to best sellers from the built-in iBookstore. Add ePub and PDF books to your bookshelf using iTunes.
- Don’t know where to sell your old iPod touch? Get an instant free quote at iGotOffer.com. Free shipping, fast payment, best offers online: Old iPod touch for sale.
Apple iPod Touch 4G White: Unboxing & Setup. The iPod Touch 4G receives a new white color option and a lower price, but is otherwise carried over with the same internal hardware and display. Uploaded by DetroitBORG on October 12, 2011
CommentsSo empty here ... leave a comment!