The Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.53 is the Intel Mac mini in a cuboid casing with an external power unit and a slot-loaded optical disk drive. The RAM has been doubled as compared with the Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.26 (late 2009) as well as the hard drive capacity, the VRAM is the same. The Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.53 (late 2009) features a 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (P8700) processor, 2 GB of RAM (PC2-5300), a 320 GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (5400 RPM), an 8X double-layer SuperDrive and GeForce 9400M graphics with 256 MB of integrated memory. The net top has a mini-DVI and Mini DisplayPort video out, five USB 2.0 ports and one Firewire 800 port, a built-in mono-speaker, an audio-out mini-jack and an audio line-in/digital audio input. As for the wireless, the Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.53 has standard to AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini “Core 2 Duo” / 2.53 is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse.
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo / 2.53 (Late 2009)
Introduced on: October 20, 2009.
- Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel “Core 2 Duo” (P8700 “Penryn”).
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board RAM: DDR2 2 GB, 667 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR2 8 GB.
- Graphics: GeForce 9400M with 256 MB of integrated memory.
- Dual display support: Yes.
- Resolution Support: 1920 x 1200.
- Storage: 320 GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-100 up to 500 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 5 x USB 2.0, Firewire 800, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, audio line-in/digital audio input, Mini-DVI and Mini DisplayPort video out.
- Optical drive: 8X double-layer “SuperDrive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, optional 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/ n, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.6 (10A432)” Snow Leopard”.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.11.x “El Capitan” (requires 2 GB).
- Dimensions: 2.0 x 6.5 x 6.5 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.9 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1283 (EMC 2336).
Apple Order number: MC239LL/A.
Discontinued: June 15, 2010.
- This Mac mini model is capable of running a server under MacOS X Server. See the article: Mac-mini-core-2-duo-2-53-server.
Using Apple Remote
With the optional Apple Remote you can play music from your iTunes music library, watch photo slideshows and QuickTime movie trailers, play a DVD with DVD Player, and more—all from across the room. The Apple Remote can:
- Navigate in iTunes, iPhoto, and DVD Player.
- Put to sleep or wake your Mac mini.
To use your Apple Remote:
- Press the Play/Pause button to play or pause a song, slideshow, or movie.
- Press the Next/Fast-forward or Previous/Rewind button to skip to the next or previous song in your iTunes library or the next or previous chapter in a DVD movie.
- Hold down the Next/Fast-forward or Previous/Rewind button to fast-forward or rewind within a song or a movie.
- Press the Volume Up or Volume Down button to adjust the volume.
Pairing Your Apple Remote:
If you have multiple computers or other devices with built-in IR receivers in a room (for example, more than one Mac mini in a home office or lab), you can “pair” your Apple Remote with a specific computer or device. Pairing sets up the receiving computer or device so it’s controlled by only one remote.
To pair your Apple Remote with your Mac mini:
- Move very close to your Mac mini (within 3 to 4 inches).
- Point the Apple Remote at the front of your Mac mini.
- Press and hold the Next/Fast-forward ( ) and Menu (») buttons simultaneously for about five seconds.
When you’ve successfully paired your Apple Remote with your Mac mini, a chainlink symbol appears onscreen.
If you want to delete a pairing between your Apple Remote and your Mac mini:
- Choose Apple Menu> System Preferences from the menu bar.
- Click Security, and then click Unpair.
To turn off IR Reception: You can use Security preferences to turn IR reception on or off.
To turn off IR reception:
- Choose Apple Menu > System Preferences from the menu bar and click Security.
- Select the Disable remote control infrared receiver checkbox.
- Looking where to sell your old Mac mini for top dollar? Don’t waste your precious time, we at iGotOffer buy secondhand electronic devices for the highest prices online. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment: Mac mini for sale. Drop by our site and check out our prices, we pay the highest prices for your used gadgets.
Mac Mini Late 2009 Unboxing and Review. Video uploaded by baozitech on January 14, 2010.