The Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.53 is the Intel Mac mini in a cuboid casing with an external power unit and a slot-loaded optical disk drive. The RAM has been doubled as compared with the Mac mini “Core 2 Duo ” / 2.26 (late 2009) as well as the hard drive capacity, the VRAM is the same. The Mac mini “Core 2 Duo” / 2.53 (late 2009) features a 2.53 GHz Intel “Core 2 Duo ” (P8700) processor, 2 GB of RAM (PC2-5300), a 320 GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (5400 RPM), an 8X double-layer “SuperDrive” and GeForce 9400M graphics with 256 MB of integrated memory. The net top has a mini-DVI and Mini DisplayPort video out, five USB 2.0 ports and one Firewire 800 port, a built-in mono-speaker, an audio-out mini-jack and an audio line-in/digital audio input. As for the wireless, the Mac mini “Core 2 Duo” / 2.53 has standard to AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini “Core 2 Duo” / 2.53 is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse.
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo / 2.53 (Late 2009)
Introduced on: October 20, 2009.
- Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel “Core 2 Duo” (P8700 “Penryn”).
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board RAM: DDR2 2 GB, 667 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR2 8 GB.
- Graphics: GeForce 9400M with 256 MB of integrated memory.
- Dual display support: Yes.
- Resolution Support: 1920 x 1200.
- Storage: 320 GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-100 up to 500 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 5 x USB 2.0, Firewire 800, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, audio line-in/digital audio input, Mini-DVI and Mini DisplayPort video out.
- Optical drive: 8X double-layer “SuperDrive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, optional 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/ n, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.6 (10A432)” Snow Leopard”.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.11.x “El Capitan” (requires 2 GB).
- Dimensions: 2.0 x 6.5 x 6.5 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.9 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1283 (EMC 2336).
Apple Order number: MC239LL/A.
Discontinued: June 15, 2010.
- This Mac mini model is capable of running a server under MacOS X Server. See the article: Mac-mini-core-2-duo-2-53-server.
- Looking where to sell your old Mac mini for top dollar? Don’t waste your precious time, we at iGotOffer buy secondhand electronic devices for the highest prices online. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment: Mac mini for sale. Drop by our site and check out our prices, we pay the highest prices for your used gadgets.