The Mac mini Core i5 / 1.4 (late 2014) is the Intel Mac mini in a cuboid sealed aluminum casing with an internal power unit, two Thunderbolt ports, and no internal optical drive and FireWire support. The line-up of late 2012 got the faster though with a lesser clock speed Intel Haswell processor and much faster Wi-Fi. The Mac mini Core i5 / 1.4 (late 2014) features a mid-class dual-core 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5 (4260U) processor, 4 or 8 GB of RAM (PC2-10600), a 500 GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (5400 RPM) and Intel HD Graphics 5000 graphics with 1.5 GB of integrated memory. The net top has an HDMI video out and two Thunderbolt ports, four USB 3.0 ports, a built-in mono-speaker, an audio-out mini-jack and an audio line-in/digital audio input. As for the wireless, the Mac mini Core i5 / 1.4 (late 2014) has standard AirPort Extreme (802.11a/ac/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 4.0. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini Core i5 / 1.4 (late 2014) is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse.
Mac Mini Core i5 / 1.4 (Late 2014)
Introduced on: October 16, 2014.
- Processor Speed: 1.4 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel “Core i5” (I5- 4260U “Haswell”)..
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board RAM: DDR3 4GB, 1600 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR3 16 GB.
- Graphics: Radeon HD 6630M with 1.5 GB of integrated memory.
- Dual display support: Yes.
- Resolution Support: 2560 x 1600.
- Storage: 500 GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-100 up to 750 GB (7200 RPM) Hard Drive Supported.
- SSD support: Yes.
- Input\Output: 4 x USB 3.0, SD card reader, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, audio line-in/digital audio input, HDMI and 2 Thunderbolt ports.
- Optical drive: optional external optical drive for an extra cost.
- SD-card reader: Yes.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, optional 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme Broadcom 802.11a/ac/b/g/ n, Bluetooth 4.0.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.10 (14A389) “Sierra”.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.11.x “El Capitan” (requires 2 GB).
- Dimensions: 1.4 x 7.7 x 7.7 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.6 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1347 (EMC 2840).
Apple Order number: MGEM2LL/A.
- Unfortunately, this Mac mini is not upgrade-friendly. You can’t upgrade RAM: it’s capacity is chosen at a time of purchase only. Mac mini of late 2014 won’t support 2.5” hard drives. Your only option for home upgrade is replacing the hard drive with Apple FusionDrive or a third-party SSD.
- The Haswell processors are of low-voltage type and their clock speed is cut down when a certain temperature is reached.
- Sell your used Mac mini to iGotOffer now! We offer the highest price online for your used Apple computer! – Sell my Mac mini for top cash now.
Mac Mini 2014 Review: A Terrible Shame. Video published by Computing Forever on October 24, 2014