Apple Watch: How to Configure the Phone App
The Phone App enables users to make and take calls using Apple Watch as microphone and speaker. By working on the Phone screen in the Apple Watch screen on iPhone you can configure the phone app on Apple Watch to use the same alerts settings as the Phone app on iPhone or to use custom alerts settings. You can turn the sound and heptic feedback for the ringtone on or off.
How to Configure the Phone App
- Press Home on iPhone to display the Home screen.
- Tap Apple Watch to open the Apple Watch app.
- Tap My Watch to open the My Watch screen.
- Now tap Phone (by default, Phone uses the Mirror My Phone setting.
- To customize Phone alerts, tap Custom. Otherwise go directly to the line about setting the Sound and the Ringtone.
- Set the Show Alerts switch On to see alerts for phone calls.
- In the Alert area, set the Sound switch to On, to receive sound notifications.
- In the Alerts area, set the Haptic switch to On to receive notifications via vibrations.
- In the Ringtone area, set the Sound switch to On to make the phone ring for incoming calls.
- In the same Ringtone area, set the Haptic switch to On to receive vibrations for incoming calls.
A Few Useful Tips
How you can use your Apple Watch without your iPhone: If you don’t have your iPhone nearby or if your phone is off for any reason, you you can still do many things with your Apple Watch, even though you will need your iPhone to get the most out of your Apple Watch:
- You can always see the time on your Apple Watch (provided that its battery is charged).
- You can perfectly use the Alarm, Timer, and Stopwatch apps.
- You can track your workouts with the Workout app, which enables you to track the progress of your workouts.
- You can track your goals with the Activity app, as Apple Watch includes many built-in apps, such as Clock, Contacts, Calendar, Friends, Activity, Mail, Maps and so on.
- You can still use the Music app to listen to synced playlists on your watch, you can easily control the Music app using Apple Watch.
- You can make purchases with Apple Pay, as you make payments easily using Apple Watch. You can make contactless payment at payment terminal using Apple Pay, Apple’s mobile wallet and online payment service
- You can see and arrange photos from synced albums in the Photos app, as Apple Watch can store hundreds of photographs, and the user can see them anywhere using the Photo app.
- You can see your current heart rate on your watch face – on Apple Watch, the Digital Touch feature enables the user to send a sketch, a tap on the wrist or the user’s current heartbeat to another Apple Watch… so if your connection with your beloved iPhone is lost, just relax and breathe mindfully…
If You Have a Wi-Fi Connection on Apple Watch
Note that even if your iPhone is off or out of range, sleeping alone and forgotten on the table in your office while you head home, the Apple Watch you wear can still use Wi-Fi networks that you’ve connected to previously on your iPhone. If your smartwatch connects to one of these Wi-Fi networks, Cloud icon will appear in the Settings glance. Thus you will be able to also do these things:
- You can perfectly use Siri to get directions, send iMessages, and perform other actions – How to turn on Hey Siri feature on Apple Watch. Siri is Apple’s voice-driven virtual assistant technology.
- Send and receive messages using iMessage.
- If you can use Wi-Fi calling, you can make and receive phone calls on your Apple Watch.
- You can check the current weather conditions – on Apple Watch, the Weather App enables users to quickly view the weather conditions for many cities.
- You can still track your stocks – on Apple Watch, the Stock app enables users to stay up to date with the latest stock information on up to twenty stocks.
- You also will be able to control your home, set and respond to reminders using the Reminders App. You will also be able to use all applications that support Wi-Fi.
Note however that for GPS accuracy, you can calibrate your Apple Watch. Apple Watch Series 2 has built-in GPS that allows you to get more accurate distance and speed information during an outdoor workout without your paired iPhone. However Apple warns users that for GPS accuracy when you run, walk or cycle outdoors, you should select the appropriate Workout and bring your iPhone. For indoor and outdoor walking and running, this will also help calibrate the accelerometer in Apple Watch for times when you don’t have GPS. .
- We help you save money as we offer the best way to recycle your old electronic watch. Sell your used Apple Watch to iGotOffer for the best price online: trade in Apple Watch. Get the highest price for your old electronic device.
- How to configure Reminders app: On Apple Watch, the Reminders App lurks in the background so that it can easily display notifications for reminders..
- How to Configure Activity App on Apple Watch – Apple Watch includes many built-in apps, such as Clock, Contacts, Calendar, Friends, Activity, Mail, Maps and so on.
- Workout App on Apple Watch – It’s obvious that the Workout app on Apple Watch enables you to track the progress of your workouts.
Seven Awesome Apple Watch tricks [Video]
Video published by CultofMactv on August 26, 2016.
CommentsSo empty here ... leave a comment!