The MacBook 7,1 (13-inch, Mid 2010), unibody polycarbonate model, was refreshed with a faster processor, a faster graphics card, improved battery life, and the ability to pass audio through the Mini DisplayPort connector. This version replaced the MacBook (Late 2009). Among the improvements a faster processor and graphics chipset were included.
Apple MacBook 2.4GHz White Unibody Mid 2010 Review [Video]
Video uploaded by Geekanoids on August 7, 2010.
MacBook 7,1 (13-Inch, Mid 2010)
Among the improvements, Apple included a faster processor and graphics chipset.
Released : On May 18, 2010.
- Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (P8600).
- CPU Speed: 2.4 GHz.
- FPU: integrated.
- Bus Speed: 1066 MHz.
- Register Width: 64-bit.
- Data Bus Width: 64-bit
- Memory: 2GB (two 1GB). Expandable to 16 GB (4 GB supported by Apple).
- Hard drive: 250 GB 5400-rpm.
- OS: Preinstalled OS – 10.6.3. Maximum OS – 10.10.4.
- Display: 13.3-inch LED backlit glossy widescreen LCD. Maximum pixel resolution: 1280 × 800.
- Video Out: Mini DisplayPort.
- Camera: iSight.
- Graphics: Integrated Nvidia GeForce 320M with 256 MB shared with main memory.
- Input: Full-size keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement). Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities.
- Audio Out: stereo 24 bit mini, Optical S/PDIF, HDMI via Mini DisplayPort.
- Audio In: stereo 24 bit mini (see notes).
- Speaker: stereo.
- Microphone: mono.
- Networking: Ethernet: 10/100/1000BaseT. Wi-Fi: 802.11a/b/g/n. Bluetooth: 2.1+EDR. Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort. Connectivity includes AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n), Gigabit Ethernet, two USB 2.0 ports, a single audio in/out port, and a Mini Display Port. The Mini Display Port passes an audio as well as a video signal and supports an external display at 2560 x 1600. It does not have a Firewire port or IR to support a remote.
- Battery: Built-in 63.5-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery. Up to 10 hours wireless productivity.
- Power: 60 Watts.60W MagSafe Power Adapter with cable management system MagSafe power port.
Electrical and operating requirements for this computer
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC.
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F.
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F.
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing.
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet.
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet.
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet.
- Dimensions: 1.08-inches Hight x 13 inches Width x Depth 9.12 inches.
- Weight: 4.7 pound. Actual weight can vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Options: Time Capsule – a full-featured AirPort Extreme base station with a built-in hard drive. Back up wirelessly and create a Wi-Fi network with one device. 1TB or 2TB server-grade hard drive. Wi-Fi Certified for 802.11n 2.0. USB port for connecting a USB printer or USB external hard drive.
Discontinuation: On July 20, 2011, the MacBook was discontinued by Apple for consumer purchases. It was still available though to educational institutions until February 2012.
Price: The MacBook (Mid 2010) sold in a $999 configuration, with 2 GB of RAM.
- Built-in Options: Built-to-order options included 4 GB of RAM, a 320 or 500 GB 5400 rpm hard drive.
- Software: Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard (includes iTunes, Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools). iLife (includes iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand).
- Environmental Status Report: MacBook is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact: Recyclable polycarbonate enclosure. Mercury-free LED-backlit display. Arsenic-free display glass. BFR-free. PVC-free (PVC-free AC power cord is available in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Venezuela). Reduced packaging volume Meets ENERGY STAR Version 5.0 requirements. Rated EPEAT Gold (MacBook achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the U.S., Canada, France, Germany, and the UK).
MacBook (13-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mid 2010)
|Model Number||A1342 (EMC 2395)|
|Family||13-inch, Mid 2010|
|Display Size||13.3 inches|
|Dimensions||13.00 x 9.12 x 1.08 in|
|Processor||2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo|
|Optical||8X DL "SuperDrive"|
|See also||Sell your MacBook (13-inch, 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mid 2010) online now|
- Some criticism was expressed about the rubber bottom of this model as it has been known to peel off. Apple has acknowledged the issue as a flaw and replaces the bottom for free, with or without a warranty.
- The Intel Core 2 Duo (P8600) 45 nm “Penryn” processor included two independent processor cores on a single silicon chip.
- Though Apple officially supports a maximum of 4 GB of RAM, third-parties have determined that the model actually supports 8 GB of RAM running Mac OS X 10.6 “Snow Leopard” and 16 GB of RAM running OS X 10.7.5 “Lion” or higher and the latest EFI update.
- The Magsafe power adapter of MacBooks has been known to fray, break, and stop working. Following a lawsuit, Apple replaces these adapters for US residents with affected adapters, purchased (or received as a gift) with computers or as an accessory.
- According to apple-history.com the MacBook’s graphics chipset used a portion of main memory as VRAM. Though reported as a 256 MB graphics system, the chipset actually used up to 272 MB of RAM.
- A single 3.5 mm jack could be used for analog or optical audio out, or analog audio in.
- Options – Time Capsule, a full-featured AirPort Extreme base station with a built-in hard drive. Back up wirelessly and create a Wi-Fi network with one device. 1TB or 2TB Serial ATA server-grade hard disk drive, 802.11n Wi-Fi, USB port for connecting a printer or external hard drive.
- Accessories used with this MacBooks: Apple LED Cinema Display, AirPort Extreme Base Station, AirPort Express Base Station, Apple Wireless Keyboard, Apple Magic Mouse, AppleCare Protection Plan.
- MacBook achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the U.S., Canada, France, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
- MacBook7,1 User Guide
- MacBook Manuals: Memory Replacement Instructions, Hard Drive Replacement Instructions, Battery Replacement Instructions & more
- MacBook Firmware Updates
- Trade in your old MacBook for fast cash – We Buy Even Broken MacBooks. Instant free quote, free and fully insured shipping, best prices on the online market, fast payment : Sell MacBook online now.