The 15-inch MacBook Pro (Late-2016) features Apple’s brightest and most colorful Retina display yet, the security and convenience of Touch ID, a more responsive keyboard, a larger Force Touch trackpad and an audio system with double the dynamic range.
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2.6GHz Intel Core i7, Late/Touch Bar 2016)
This computer also the most powerful MacBook Pro ever, featuring sixth-generation quad-core and dual-core processors, up to 2.3 times the graphics performance over the previous generation, super-fast SSDs and up to four Thunderbolt 3 ports. The Touch Bar places controls right at the user’s fingertips and adapts when using the system or apps like Mail, Finder, Calendar, Numbers, GarageBand, Final Cut Pro X and many more, including third-party apps. For example, the Touch Bar can show Tabs and Favorites in Safari, enable access to emoji in Messages, provide a simple way to edit images or scrub through videos in Photos and so much more.
The MacBook Pro 15-inch Core i7 2.6 (Late 2016 Retina Display, Touch Bar, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) features a 6th Generation “Skylake” 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 processor (6700HQ), with four independent processor “cores” on a single silicon chip.
November 12, 2016.
- Processors: 2.6GHz, 2.7GHz, or optional 2.9GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor; Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz. Up to 2TB SSD2. (2.9 GHz i7-6920HQ, up to 3.8 GHz, 8 MB L3 cache.
- System Bus: 8 GT/s DMI 3.0. Max. Theoretical Bandwidth 3.94 GB/s.
- Memory: 16GB 2133MHz memory 256 GB storage (2.6 GHz processor), PCIe-based SSD. Radeon Pro 450 with 2GB memory. 512 GB storage (2.7 GHz processor), Radeon Pro 455 with 2GB memory.
- Thunderbolt: Four Thunderbolt 3 ports.
- Preinstalled OS: macOS.
- Input: Keyboard, mouse, Touch Bar and Touch ID, Force Touch trackpad.
- Display: 15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Retina display. 2,880 × 1,800 (16:10), 220 ppi with Wide colour (P3) gamut, 500-nits (15-inch).
- Video camera: FaceTime HD (720p).
- Video card: Radeon Pro 450 VRAM Type: GDDR5.
- Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics, up to two times faster than the previous generation. Up to 1TB fast SSDs with sequential read speeds over 3GBps.
- Connectivity: Integrated 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, up to 1.3 Gbit/s. Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology.
- Peripheral connections: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C). Four ports via two controllers supporting four 4096 x 2304 displays or two 5120 x 2880 (MST) displays. Supports charging, DisplayPort 1.2, Thunderbolt (up to 40 Gbit/s) and USB 3.1 gen 2 (up to 10 Gbit/s) 3.5mm audio line out (analog), multiple microphones, stereo speakers with high dynamic range.
- Battery: lithium polymer, non-removable. 76 Wh.
- Battery life: Up to 10 hours use and up to 30 days standby time.
- Dimensions: 13.75 inch wide × 9.48 inch deep × 0.61 inch high .
- Weight: 4.02 pounds.
Apple Model Numbers, Discontinuation, Prices
Apple Model Numbers:
- MLH32LL/A (silver)
- MLH42LL/A (space gray)
- MLW72LL/A (silver)
- MLW82LL/A (silver).
- $2399 – 15-inch MacBook 2.6 Ghz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor
- $2,799 – 15-inch MacBook 2.7 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor.
- Turbo Boost 2.0: This computer also supports Turbo Boost 2.0, which automatically increases the speed of the active cores to improve performance up to 3.5 GHz.
- Hyper Threading: This model also supports Hyper Threading, which allows the computer to recognize eight total cores or threads, four of them being real and four other cores virtual.
- Video card: Radeon Pro 450 VRAM Type: GDDR5. Details about the Video Card: The MacBook Pro 15-inch (Late 2016) is equipped with dual graphics processors, that’s an AMD Radeon Pro 450 with 2 GB of dedicated GDDR5 SDRAM and an Intel HD Graphics 530 graphics processor that shares system memory. The system automatically switches between graphics systems based on use. When applications use OpenGL, Core Graphics or other graphically demanding technologies, the computer uses the dedicated AMD graphics, otherwise it will use the integrated Intel graphics to conserve battery life.
|Model Number||A1707 (EMC 3072)|
|Family||15-inch, Late/Touch Bar 2016|
|Display Size||15.4 inches|
|Dimensions||13.75 x 9.48 x 0.61 in|
|Processor||2.6GHz Intel Core i7|
|See also||Sell your MacBook Pro online now|
- Building on innovations pioneered in MacBook, the 15-inch MacBook Pro features an all-metal unibody construction that creates an incredibly rigid and dense notebook that is amazingly thin and light.
- The 15-inch MacBook Pro (Late-2016), at just 15.5 mm thin, is 14 percent thinner and 20 percent less volume than before, and weighing just four pounds, is nearly half a pound lighter.
- Thunderbolt 3 consolidates data transfer, charging as twice the video bandwidth in a single port. Users can drive a 5K display.
- The 15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Retina display at 500 nits of brightness, 67 percent brighter and 67 percent more contrast than the previous generation.
- The 15-inch MacBook Pro (Late-2016) features a powerful Radeon Pro discrete GPU in every configuration. It delivers up to 130 percent faster graphics performance than the previous generation.
- Manufactured with a cutting-edge 14 nm process, Radeon Pro graphics deliver up to 2.5x more computing power per watt. This means more time for what matters most — creating amazing work.
- It is possible to edit multicam projects in Final Cut Pro X with up to 3 streams of full-resolution 4K video on the 15-inch MacBook Pro — with render speeds up to 57 percent faster.
- This MacBook Pro includes a drive that’s even faster than the previous generation, with sequential read speeds up to 3.1GB/s. The 15-inch model is the first available with a 2TB SSD — enough space to take even your biggest projects with you, without having to take an external drive. Its memory is faster than ever before. It all works together to help the user boot up, launch multiple apps, or import huge files in a flash.
- The 15-inch MacBook Pro provides 10 hours battery life, so the user is free to keep watching, gaming, editing, iTunes movie playback and web surfing.
- You can simultaneously connect two 5K displays and two RAID systems to a 15-inch MacBook Pro with four Thunderbolt 3 ports to create a powerful workstation.
- Touch Bar and Touch ID: Integrated into the power button, the Touch Bar enables a quick, accurate reading of the user’s fingerprint and matches it with the Secure Enclave in the new Apple T1 chip. Once the user enrolls the fingerprint in Touch ID on his or her MacBook Pro, the user can quickly unlock the Mac, switch user accounts and make secure purchases with Apple Pay on the web with a single touch.
- Force Touch trackpads: 50 percent larger on the 15-inch MacBook Pro comparing with the previous models.
- Among other features, the Touch Bar gives the user quick access to commands. It allows expand, contract, and customize system controls to reveal volume, brightness, answer the iPhone or a FaceTime call from the keyboard without moving the cursor, select a palette and tap to choose a color for text or objects in Pages, Keynote, get quick access to text suggestions and emoji in apps like Messages and Mail, access the function keys by holding down the FN key on the keyboard.
- Touch ID is available on a Mac for the first time. This feature enables instant access to logins. In some apps, the user can customize the Touch Bar with the commands that work best for the user’s needs.
- This device features P3 color, which makes 25 percent more colors available than standard RGB, as it reveals a much broader range of greens and reds.
- The keyboard includes a second-generation butterfly mechanism, refined for greater comfort and responsiveness.
- The speakers have been redesigned to provide as much as twice the dynamic range and up to 58 percent more volume, with two and a half times louder bass for maximum boom.
- The speakers are connected directly to system power, enabling up to three times more peak power. So they make the 13-inch MacBook Pro the perfect choice for editing video or enjoying a movie on the go.
- MacBook ’s a perfectly balanced system in and out. Still, if you look for other tablets, we at iGotOffer will be glad to take in your used MacBook: Sell MacBook Pro. We pay top dollar for your old electronic device.
MacBook Pro 15-inch with Touch Bar and Touch ID unboxing [Video]
In-depth unboxing and review of the New 2016 MacBook Pro 15-inch with Touch Bar and Touch ID. Uploaded by DetroitBORG, on November 15, 2016.