The Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.0 introduced in March, 2009 has been revised in regard of connectivity. The fifth USB port has been added, the FireWire 400 port has been replaced with its 800 version, the supported Wi-Fi range has been enhanced and the Bluetooth upgraded to 2.1. The home upgrade options have been narrowed to the RAM replacement, as the much faster Intel Core 2 Duo is not socketed but soldered. The outer design remained the same: it’s a cuboid casing with an external power unit and a slot-loaded optical disk drive. The Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.0 (early 2009) has two iterations and features a 2.0 GHz Intel “Core 2 Duo ” (P7350) processor, 1 GB or 2 GB of RAM (PC2-5300), a 120 GB or 320 GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (5400 RPM), an 8X double-layer “SuperDrive” and GeForce 9400M graphics with 128 MB or 256 MB of integrated memory. The net top has a mini-DVI and Mini DisplayPort video out, five USB 2.0 ports and one Firewire 800 port, a built-in mono-speaker, an audio-out mini-jack and an audio line-in/digital audio input. As for the wireless, the Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.0 has standard to AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini “Core 2 Duo” / 2.0 is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse.
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo / 2.0 (Early 2009)
Introduced on: March 3, 2009.
- Processor Speed: 2.0 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel “Core 2 Duo” (P7350 “Penryn”).
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board RAM: DDR2 1 GB \ 2 GB, 667 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR2 8 GB.
- Graphics: GeForce 9400M with 128 MB or 256 MB of integrated memory.
- Dual display support: Yes.
- Resolution Support: 1920 x 1200.
- Storage: 120 GB \ 320 GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-100 up to 160 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 5 x USB 2.0, Firewire 800, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, audio line-in/digital audio input, Mini-DVI and Mini DisplayPort video out.
- Optical drive: 8X double-layer “SuperDrive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, optional 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/ n, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.5.6 (9G2030)” Leopard”.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.7.5 “Lion”.
- Dimensions: 2.0 x 6.5 x 6.5 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.9 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1283 (EMC 2264).
Apple Order number: MB463LL/A – configuration with 1 GB of RAM, a 120 GB hard drive, MB464LL/A – configuration with 2 GB of RAM, a 320 GB hard drive.
Discontinued: October 20, 2009.
Price: $599. $799.
- The soldered processors shut down any possibility of upgrade, since they can’t be removed. You’d have to replace the whole motherboard and that leads to replacing all the other parts of the computer. Usually, motherboards with soldered CPU are used in low-end office systems to be ditched when obsolete.
- Before you switch to a new Mac mini, trade in your used computer for the best price online. iGotOffer will buy your old device for top dollar. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast secure payment: Used Mac mini for sale, please, check on our prices, we pay more than our competition for any device.
Apple Mac Mini (2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 120GB, Winter 2009) first look. Video uploaded by Technetgate on March 6, 2009. Apple breathed fresh air into its line of Mac Minis, whose specs haven’t changed since an update in August 2007. With this $599 model, Apple adds significantly improved Nvidia graphics, a new 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, and a larger hard drive.