Apple Cinema Display (30-Inch, Aluminum) is meant to complement the Apple hi-end products, such as Power Macintosh G5 and PowerBook G4 models. It got an anodized aluminum casing with a slight bezel mounted on an aluminum stand with an adjustable hinge. The display also meets Electronics Standards Association (VESA) mounting interface standard and can be mounted on a wall or an articulating arm. Technically it is an active-matrix LCD matte display with maximum resolution of 2560×1600 pixels with an integrated two port USB hub, two FireWire “400” ports and the industry standard DVI (Digital Video Interface) socket. Thus, the Apple Cinema Display (30-Inch, Aluminum) is compatible not only with a Macintosh but also with an IBM desktop.
Apple Cinema Display (30-Inch, Aluminum)
Introduction Date: June 28, 2004.
- Code name: Cinema Display.
- Frame material: Anodized Aluminum.
- Display Type: TFT LCD.
- Display Size: 30-Inch.
- Format: “wide-screen”.
- Optimum Resolution (pixels): 2560 x 1600.
- Supported Resolutions (pixels): 1024 x 600, 1280 x 800, 1920 x 1200, 2048 x 1280.
- DPI/PPI: 100.
- Dot/Pixel Pitch: 0.258 mm.
- Max. Display Colors: 16.7 Million.
- Viewing Angle: 170 degrees horizontal, 170 degrees vertical.
- Response Time: 16 ms.
- Brightness: 270 cd/m2, 400 cd/m2 (since March 28, 2006).
- Contrast Ratio: 400:1, 700:1 (since March 28, 2006).
- Built-in Audio: No.
- Built-in Camera: No.
- USB 1.0: 2.
- Firewire: 2 (400).
- DVI: Yes.
- ADC: No.
- Power: 150 W.
- Supported MacOS: 10.2.8.
- Dimensions: 21.3 x 27.2 x 8.46.
- Average Weight: 27.5 lbs.
Apple Model, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order No: M9179LL/A.
Apple Model No: A1083.
Discontinued Date: July 27, 2010.
Original Price: $3299.
- Apple Cinema Display has an outboard power supply, that may warp otherwise thorough design. Power supplies are available, so a user can replace the bad one.
- This model, like other new models, had an anodized aluminum enclosure that matched Apple’s high-end lines of professional products. An alternative stand or a wall mount could be used with a VESA mount adapter kit that was sold separately.
- Though the 30-inch aluminium Apple Cinema Display enclosures had not been redesigned for a long period of time, several “silent” improvements were made to the brightness levels and contrast ratios.
- With the introduction of the 24-inch LED Cinema Display in October 2008, the 23-inch Cinema HD Display was discontinued. The 20-inch model was also discontinued in February 2009, leaving the 30-inch Apple Conema display as the only model left.
- See Apple Cinema Display Error Codes for more details.
- Before you switch to a new model, trade in your old Apple Cinema for fast cash. iGotOffer buys secondhand Apple displays for the best price on the online market: Sell old Apple Cinema now!