The Apple Mac Pro “Quad Core” 2.0 serves as the built-to-order configuration of the Mac Pro “Quad Core” 2.66. The 2.0 and the 2.66 models are identical except for the processor.
Apple Mac Pro “Quad Core” 2.0 (Original)
Introduced on August 7, 2006.
- Processor: Intel Xeon 5100 Series.
- Processor Speed: 2.0 GHz.
- Processor Type: D. Core Xeon 5130 x2.
- RAM Type: PC5300 DDR2 ECC.
- Standard RAM: 1 GB.
- Video Card: GeForce 7300 GT.
- VRAM Type: GDDR2 SDRAM.
- Display Support: According to Apple’s reports, this model can support up to eight displays with four NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT graphics cards installed, each supporting two displays.
- Resolution Support: 2560×1600.
- Standard Hard Drive: 250 GB (7200 RPM).
- Connectivity: Airport Extreme 802.11a/b/g and draft-n (optional; n disabled by default). 2x gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem. Optional Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR.
- OS: Pre-Installed MacOS: X 10.4.7 (8K1079). Maximum MacOS: X 10.7.5.
- Maximum Windows: XP SP2.
- Battery: 922-6476 3.6V lithium battery.
- Dimensions: 20.1 in height, 8.1 in width, 18.7 in depth.
- Average Weight: 42.4 lbs.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order Number: As a custom configuration of the Mac Pro “Quad Core” 2.66, this model does not have its own order number.
Apple Model Number: A1186.
Discontinuation: January 8, 2008.
Initial Price: US$2199.
- The Mac Pro has four expansion slots (PCle). Accoding to Apple’s reports, the system is also provided with configurable bandwidth supporting 16-lane cards.
- The announcement of the Mac Pro, the “Quad Core” 2.0 version being the first one introduced in the series, completed the transition to Intel processors having replaced the previous PowerMac G5.
- Trade in your old Mac Pro for fast cash and save money for a new Mac: We at iGotOffer buy your used and old Mac Pro for the highest price online. Free instant quote, free fully instured shipping, fast and secure payment.