The Apple Mac Pro “Quad Core” 2.66 (2009/Nehalem) is the new system in the Mac Pro series introduced in March 2009. The model is powered by one Xeon W3520 (Nehalem) processor. While remaining practically identical to the Early 2008 models, there are major technical differences introduced to the new version, including a faster architecture and a boosted y “Turbo Boost” processor speed.
Apple Mac Pro “Quad Core” 2.66 (2009/Nehalem)
Introduced on March 3, 2009.
- Processor: Xeon W3520.
- Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz.
- Processor Type: Q. Core Xeon W3520.
- RAM Type: PC3-8500 DDR3 ECC.
- Standard RAM: 3 GB.
- Video Card: GeForce GT 120.
- VRAM Type: GDDR3 SDRAM.
- Display Support: Up to 8 Displays.
- Resolution Support: 2560×1600.
- Standard Hard Drive: 640 GB.
- Connectivity: Standard AirPort 802.11a/b/g/n (optional). Bluetooth 2.1+EDR. USB Ports (5). Firewire Ports.
- OS: Pre-Installed MacOS: X 10.5.6. Maximum MacOS: X 10.11.
- Minimum Windows: XP SP2.
- Maximum Windows: 8.1.
- Dimensions: 20.1 in height, 8.1 in width, 18.7 in depth.
- Average Weight: 39.9 lbs.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order Number: MB871LL/A.
Apple Model Number: A1289.
Discontinuation: July 27, 2010.
Initial Price: $2499.
- Originally, Apple officially supported a maximum of 8 GB, which is how the system was first shipped. However, it was later discovered that the system could support 16 GB of Ram using four 4 GB memory modules.
- The system replaces the frontside bus with a “QuickPath Interconnect” system that provides faster access to I/O, the disk, and other subsystems.
- Check on our prices for your old Mac Pro. Sell it now to iGotOffer.com and save money for new Apple models.